Crunch Bar Love

Buffy, Willow, and Xander were in the library going over Buffy's latest patrol; letting Giles know that all was well.

They all looked up when they heard someone come in. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." Kennedy apologized.

"It's ok, we were just finishing up here." Giles looked over to the three.

They all began to mumble as they rushed from the library. "So I came by because the principal wants me to put on a production. And in his words more or less said it had to be good. Then he hinted on how none of the other schools this year have put on a production of this one play about two teens falling in love and then killing themselves. And I don't know if I could sit through it and live."

"Maybe I can help you," Giles suggested.

Moving a little closer, "If you wouldn't mind." Placing her hands behind her back.

"Not at all." He quickly answered.

"If you're not busy after school I'm having cast tryouts if you'd like to come and help. Give you another chance to try and convince me Romeo and Juliet is a good play."

Nodding, "I can try."

Tucking some hair behind her ear, "Looking forward to it." Confessing to him before exiting the library.

Giles never made it to the Romeo and Juliet cast tryouts. His watcher duties got in the way. So when he made it to school the next day he went in search of Kennedy. He found her walking down one of the halls.

"Kennedy, Kennedy." He called after her.

Spinning around, "Hey G." She smiled at him.

"I want to apologize about last night and not showing up." Stopping in front of her.

Shrugging, "It's ok. In life, things happen and come up all the time."

"Still I said I would help you and I didn't."

Giving him a soft smile, "Well you have a chance to make it up then if you feel guilty. I have the lead try-outs after school today. Why don't you swing by then?"

"Good." He smiled back.

Before leaving Kennedy added, "Oh and one more thing, I'm a big fan of Crunch bars. If you wanted to go the extra mile in making up for yesterday."

"Crunch bars," Giles mumbled to himself as he went in the opposite direction.

The last bell of the day rang, letting everyone out. Giles made sure nothing else had to be done before grabbing the bag with the Crunch bars and left. Reaching the theatre, he quickly found Kennedy sitting dead center watching as someone read lines on stage.

She smiled when he sat next to her. "Hi." She whispered.

"Hi." He whispered back.

The guy on stage finished. "Thomas that was great. Will you send Trevor in please?" Turning to Giles, "So you were able to make it." Her smile was big.

"With sustenance." Holding the bag up.

Giggling as she snagged the bag, "Awe you got me so many. One would have been good."

"I wasn't sure how much to get you."

Leaning over Kennedy gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I love excessive amounts of Crunch bars. Now help me pick a Romeo and Juliet." Handing him a crunch bar.

Giles blushed some as they both turned their attention to the stage. Hours later the two still sat in the theatre discussing who should play whom.

"Liam is a perfect Romeo and Sadie is a remarkable Juliet," Giles said firmly.