There Is No Place Like Home

Buffy was having a training exercise outside with the girls; Giles was of course out there with them, helping. When he came into the house to get a drink he heard Kennedy's laughter coming from the living room.

Kennedy and Spike were sitting in the living room, his hand was on her stomach again. "How is the training going?" She smiled setting her tea down.

Hands going to his waist, "Just fine. What's going on here?" He asked.

"The kids started kicking, waking me up from my nap. Do you know how much it hurts to have four little feet kicking your insides? It's a lot of pain! So I came down to make tea and Spike was nice enough to offer to make it instead. So when he came in here with the tea they were still kicking and I told him he should take a feel. It's weird having that many feet kicking." She grinned.

Spike scooted away from Kennedy. "Why don't you go see if Willow needs any help with anything," Giles suggested.

"She's not here; she stepped out for a brief moment. Oh and since you are here Leslie is going to be calling in an hour so we can talk to David." She told him.

Giving Spike a quick dirty look, "If you need anything I'm just out back." Giles slowly left the room.

"He really does not like me."

Kennedy sighed, "Not really, but I'm working on it."

"What is the real reason you don't hate me?" Spike asked her.

Grabbing her drink, "You had to be good at some point. And now for whatever reason besides that chip in your noggin, you want to be good again. Who am I to deny you such things?"

"Maybe you should talk to that old man of yours. I don't think he has gotten that memo yet." Getting himself a cup.

"He is coming around, slowly but surely. Hey, can I see your fangs?" She smiled.

Changing, "Sure."

"Wow. Can...can I touch them?" Reaching towards Spike.

Leaning forward, "Sure."

"That is kind of awesome." Feeling Spikes teeth.

Pulling them back in, "Never had that reaction before."

"Well, I have never had tea with a vampire before so I guess we're kind of even."

The time finally came when they had to deal with the hell mouth directly. It was the night before the big day and everyone was trying to stay calm.

Kennedy was out back on the porch wrapped in a blanket when Giles joined her. She moved so they both could share the blanket.

"You know what you'll be doing?" He asked her.

Snuggling up to him, "Yes, drive the bus."

"I know you would rather be inside helping."

Sighing, "But I am safer on the bus being ready to drive us to safety."

"You did not want to go back to England as I suggested."

Looking up at him, "We need names." Quickly changing the subject, feeling a fight might come if they continued down this path.

"We do have names, Kennedy." He looked at her in confusion.

Giggling, "No silly, the kids. We can't keep calling them the twins."

"What names did you have in mind?" He asked.

Licking her lips, "I don't know, but I wanted to name them before you went into that school tomorrow."