Temporary Living Quarters

Kennedy wasn't home long after she finished her stuff at school when she heard the front door. She smiled seeing Giles on the other side.

"Hey you, I just got home." Motioning for him to come in.

Walking in, "You are sure about this right?" He asked.

"Of course I am. So you can have the bed and I'll crash on the couch." Kennedy told him.

Setting his things down, "I do not mind the couch at all."

"It's ok G, haven't slept in it since I lost the husband. Even after I got a new bed. So go ahead enjoy the thing, someone should." Taking him to the room.

Following her, "You really haven't?"

"Can't bring myself to sleep in my bed alone. At least on the couch, it doesn't feel like I'm laying on something so vast and open, making me feel alone. I know that sounds crazy, but it's how I feel." Showing him her room.

Giles looked around her bedroom. It wasn't at all at what he had thought it would look like. She had a dark chestnut, four-poster, queen size bed, right in the middle of the room against the wall. Matching nightstands were on either side of the bed as well as a matching dresser to the left. To the right was a door leading to the bathroom. Kennedy had black and white pictures littering the wall. Giles noticed the pictures were of the stars in the night sky.

Still looking at everything in the room, "This...this is nice." Giles complimented.

"Thanks. The bathroom is over there to the right. Should have everything. If you need anything I'll be in the living room." She told him.

A little while later Kennedy was sitting on the couch in a pair of flannel pajamas watching TV. Giles walked in, in a white t-shirt and navy blue pajama pants.

Hearing him come in, "Do you need something?"

"No, I just couldn't sleep. Not really that tired yet." Giles answered.

Patting the couch next to her, "Then come have a seat next to me, I'm watching MacGyver in syndication."

"I don't believe I have ever seen MacGyver before." Sitting next to her.

Looking at him in shock, "You so have been missing out."

"What is it about?" Looking at her.

Kennedy moved so she was facing him, "Well what happens is MacGyver gets himself in sticky situations and then builds himself things to get out of it. And he builds them out of the most random things ever." She said with much enthusiasm.

"That seems like a lot of enthusiasm for just a show." Looking back at the screen.

Facing the screen, "Nothing against you, but he is some kind of cute." Turning her head back to Giles. "Don't worry G I have always preferred more of the bookworm guy. And the fact you have a British accent makes it all more the better."

Giles instantly flushed from the compliment. Not knowing what to say he focused his attention to the television. When Giles looked over to Kennedy after the show she was asleep. Making sure she was tucked in, he went to bed.

Kennedy was still asleep when he got up the next day. But when he checked in on her he saw that she had a little friend with her. Kennedy was clutching onto a white round ball of fur with a pair of red arms and a pair of rainbow legs.

"Stop watching me." She yawned.

Walking away, "I...I'm sorry." He stuttered.

"It's ok, Twink and I don't mind." She stretched while getting up.