Never A Dull Moment As a Watcher

Kennedy drove straight from the cemetery to Giles place. She needed to talk with him, but she didn't find him there. She thought he had to come home at some point, so Kennedy camped out front waiting for him. She ended up falling asleep where she was sitting.

She tried the Magic Box the next day after she woke. Barging through the door she found him with the others. "There you are you jerk. I waited outside your place all freaking night long."

"Why?" Moving around the counter.

Fuming, "I wonder why. We need to talk."

Everyone else got up, "We should go." Buffy said.

"No, stay. Apparently, by the sound of it, he doesn't really want to talk. So I just have this to say to him. If you didn't storm off yesterday and let me explain why I feel the way I do you would have found this out-I do love you. I love you so much it scares me. And I feel horrible because I didn't think I could love someone more than I did my dead husband. That is why I felt guilty for moving on." Kennedy stormed from the store leaving everyone in her wake.

The group looked at Giles. "What did you do?" Anya asked.

Giles didn't bother answering Anya, he just went after Kennedy without a word. Everywhere he looked he came up empty. Sitting in his car at a stop sign Giles sighed. He racked his brain to where she could possibly be. Then he thought of somewhere she might be.

Giles found her standing in the courtyard of the school where they first met. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to be somewhere where things were simpler. Here was the only place I could think of." Kennedy looked in her hand after Giles placed something in it. He handed her a Crunch bar. "Guess we both have a lot of sorry's to be making up to each other." Linking her free hand with his.

Giles brought it up to his lips. "Guess so." He said before kissing her hand.

"So I have an idea on how we can start these apologies to one another." Kennedy turned to him.

Scrunching his eyes, "What?"

The two sat outside the local coffee shop with their drinks in hand and talking. "I still refuse to believe death was their only option. They were what 14 and 17. How would they know that they had no way out?"

Sighing, "Only you could completely not find Romeo and Juliet a great romance."

"Because it's not! It's a tragedy of two teens who took their lives. Two young kids will never get to see another sunrise or sunset again; Juliet will never know the joy of giving birth and Romeo will never know what it's like to be a father. Neither will know what it will be like to hold their child for the first time. They never got to grow old, experiencing what life is. So tell me again how that is supposed to be a romantic tragedy 'cause all I see is a tragedy."

Setting his empty cup down, "When you put it like that I can see why you are unable to find it a great love story. Now it's making me have doubts about it too."

"I can't see why a great love like that would be easily thrown away. If you had it, wouldn't you fight for it so you could enjoy it?"

Taking Kennedy's hand, "I have something to tell you."

"Okay." She slowly said as butterflies erupted in her stomach.

Placing his spare hand on top of hers so his hands made a sandwich with hers in the middle, "I haven't told the others yet, but I wanted to tell you this first. I am going back to England and I want you to come with me."

"What? Why?" Kennedy pulled her hand from Giles' grip.

"I have done everything I was meant to do here."