Identity Confession

Everything seemed to slow down for Giles. He was trying to register what he just had heard.

Kennedy leaned against her couch. "Go ahead yell; be mad. Wouldn't be the first time."

"I'm not mad. I'm just..." Pausing for a second, "I'm just shocked." Moving next to her.

Looking at him, "Really? The last watcher flipped a lid. Granted I wasn't attracted to him. We were just friends."

"What...I mean how did it happen?" He asked.

Kennedy slowly got up. "It was the greatest and saddest day of my life. The chosen one was, well if Buffy was to be it since a slayer has to die for her to be one, was my best friend. She fell in love and I was told by the council that she couldn't have that; that her life was to her duties. And when I told her that I thought I ripped my best friend's heart out of her chest. So I said forget it. I told her to run and be in love and I went to the council, told them to shove it and we both quit. I refuse to be the one to deny anyone love like hers."

"Wait, I thought that was Leslie Finnagin?" Giles asked.

Biting her bottom lip, "Leslie is my first name and Finnagin is, or well was my married name. I was married and he passed-death by a heart attack. I dropped the name, went to my middle name and my maiden name. Wanted to start over, fresh. If you want to yell and be mad at me and never speak to me, go ahead. I'll understand."

"Right now I need to process all of this. I...I will see you at school." Giles made his way out.

Kennedy let him go, she knew that was a lot to process. She hoped he didn't hate her for not telling him.

Kennedy came walking out of the theater almost taking out Buffy. "Oh sorry, Buffy. Did you need something?"

"Kind of. Do you know what's up with Giles? He's been weird since Saturday." Buffy asked.

Sucking some air through her teeth, "He's still wigging out about finding out I'm an ex-watcher."

"You're what? Really? Because Giles didn't mention anything about it."

Adjusting her grip on her paperwork, "Let me guess, he's going on about a Leslie Finnagin."

"How did you know?" Buffy cocked her head.

Moving past her, "Long story; I'll tell you later."

Giles was sitting in his office so deep in thought that he didn't hear Kennedy knocking at his door.

"Kennedy!" His head shooting up when she sat on his desk.

"G!" She giggled back.

Getting up, "What...what are you doing here?"

"Apparently your not coming to me to talk so I'm coming to you. So what part has you wigged? Not telling you I was a watcher or my name." Crossing her arms.

Placing his hands in his pockets, "The part you felt the need to keep it from me."

"Technically I never did. You never asked about my past. If you did I would have answered everything you had asked of me." Sitting on the corner of his desk.

Stopping in front of her, "You would have just blurted out about being a watcher to anyone who asked?"

"Why not? It wasn't like I didn't know who you were."

Shocked, "And you still didn't tell me who you were after knowing who I was?"

"Giles I'm sorry. But you seemed like the person where if you wanted me to know you'd tell me. So I didn't want to push it, I was just going to wait for the right time to arise." Swinging her feet back and forth.