Stormheart

Current time
Stormheart
I had found her, the darkest heart... I felt drawn to her...
~Aspen...~ My mind voice whispered softly as I stood by my brother's side, feeling more than a bit annoyed by my situation...
Ator shot me a surprised look before returning his gaze to the scene before him...
~He can't know...~ My instincts whispered to me...
That I wouldn't doubt- I had underestimated my brother once and I wasn't about to do so again...
*This is what you've been missing out on, sister...* Ator murmured into my ear.
I narrowed my eyes at him and turned my back on the gruesome sight...
*Didn't miss out on much if you ask me...* I gritted out...
I screamed and fell to my knees as my brother tortured me with Darkness...
Who was going to help me, the corpses of the dead that littered the battlefield we currently stood on?
No, I would have to help myself...
*Ator...* I growled, trying to act as if the pain he had just caused me was nothing... but I couldn't hide it...
My brother smirked as the unwanted tears silently slipped down my face.
He cupped my face with his rough hands and gently wiped my tears away with his thumbs.
*It would be so easy for you if you would just give in to the Darkness...* He murmured gently.
I jerked away from him and screamed in rage.
*NEVER WILL I JOIN THE DARKNESS, never..." My voice trailed off softly as several tears of pain escaped from my eyes...
My brother scowled, feeling confused by my actions... why wouldn't his sister agree to join him if it meant avoiding the pain that he was inflicting on her...?
Was she that determined to cling to the light...?
It wasn't even that great!
It hurt, the light...
He wasn't about to forget the hours of pain and anger and confusion...
And WHY THE HELL WASN'T HIS SISTER JOINING HIS SIDE?!
I glared at Ator, needing him to know that I hated him and that I would never give in to his demands.
My brother narrowed his eyes to slits and rested a hand on the top of my head.
The pain was seemed to reach it's maximum potential- but I refused to give in.
Biting back the scream that rose in my throat, I watched Ator with rage in my tear pooled eyes...
Which would he notice the most- the tears or the anger...?
His reaction gave me a small amount of hope...
~
Ator's POV
~
I drew away from her when I saw the anger in her eyes... when I realized that there was another way...
If she was angry enough... maybe, just maybe... she would feel the Darkness...
I slapped her, making sure to keep my gaze cold as I poured my power into the strike.
She fell easily and I couldn't help but scoff at how one simple hit could take down the Goddess of light...
Until she spat at my feet and stood again, stalking over to me with vengeance in her eyes...
I gave her a warning look but she didn't care- the anger was taking over...
*You couldn't stop me if you tried* It was another warning disguised as a taunt- she only saw the taunt and spat in my face...
I took it with as well as I could...
It hurt... it truly hurt...
I knew what I had to do if I was to keep up my facade of uncaring- ness...
*WRATH!* I hissed, slamming her into the stone wall behind her, pinning her by the throat...
Stormheart's eyes sparked with fear before she bared her teeth in a sneer of disgust...
*Did I not give you a fair chance?* I questioned with a light smirk.
My sister spat on me again... much to my surprise...
I shouldn't have been so shocked seeming as she wasn't one to accept defeat so easily- of course she would give at least one last kick before she went down for good...
I narrowed my eyes with a thoughtful expression- this seemed to make my sister uneasy in a way that nothing else could...
*You know that you couldn't kill me if you tried* She sneered.
I snapped.
Tightening my hold on her throat, I pooled my power into the little implanted chip in my sister's heart.
The anger never faded from my sister's eyes... even after they had closed...
She would come back to me after a few days...
I thought about the implant in her heart and felt temporary amusement at the thought of the human machine that had brought her under my control...
The very thing that she was trying to protect was under my control...
She just didn't know it...
Yet...
That was going to be a Hell of a conversation...
I amused myself with plans for telling her about her chip...
I soon found myself bored with coming up with pointless ideas and turned to look at the light side...
Could that chip be improved?
Most likely...