Chapter 3: The Lions of Voltron

The Blue Lion continued its descent towards the new planet. You looked around, not recognizing any of the constellations in the sky. From the looks of it, you were a long way from Earth. Noticing this made you nervous and tighten your grip.

"Everything will be fine, I'm sure," Keith assured you, looking down while trying to avoid eye contact. "So can you let go of me, please?"

With a small exclamation of surprise, you released Keith's shirt, not realizing that you had still been holding onto it. You kept your hands clasped together and faced the ground, blushing.

"Um, is it just me or is anyone else having second thoughts about flying through a mysterious wormhole?" Hunk questioned. "Why are we listening to a robotic lion anyway?" You privately wondered why he chose now to bring up this doubt, as they were already in too deep.

"It got us away from that alien warship, didn't it?" Lance reminded him.

"I don't know if you noticed, but we're IN an alien warship," Keith said.

"Oh, are you scared?"

"With you at the helm? Terrified,"

"Speaking of scared, (Y/N), you look as white as your whiskers. You okay back there?"

With a gulp, you mustered the strength to nod, though your spine was stiff with terror, already considering the gruesome deaths that might come upon being so far away from home.

"It'll be okay, honey," Shiro said comfortingly. "No one's happy to be in this situation, but we're here now. If we want to get through this, we've got to do it together." Feeling encouraged by your adoptive father's words, you nodded again, your spine feeling a bit looser. "Where are we headed, Lance?"

The ladies man shrugged. "I don't know. I'm sorry. The Lion's not talking to me anymore." He then tilted his head and instructed everyone else to shut up. "Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Shh! Listen. I think I hear something."

You listened, but you didn't hear anything from the Lion. However, you DID hear a high-pitched squeal. You realized too late that it had been another one of Lance's practical jokes, and he had just passed gas. As the others covered their noses and scolded Lance angrily, you staggered backwards, sickened by the smell, but you were able to manage a stern glare at Lance.

"But seriously, there's a castle up ahead,"

Swearing to yourself that you would ask Shiro to knock him out cold if it was another joke, you peeked outside and onto the planet's surface. To your utmost surprise, there was indeed a blue and white castle sitting on a hill. The Lion landed out front and opened its mouth to let everyone out. The size of the castle intimidated you, and you stepped behind Shiro as if it was going to fire turrets at any second.

Seeing sense to your fear, Shiro turned to the others to warn them. "Keep your guard up. My crew was captured by aliens once. I'm not going to let it happen again."

Just then, the Blue Lion stood up. Your heart rate started beating at an alarming rate as you grabbed Shiro's arm. Was it going to attack them?

"Oh no! Oh no! I knew it was going to eat us! No!" wailed Hunk. However, the Lion did the exact opposite, instead roaring at the doors of the castle, which opened up. "Oh, the door is open. Guess I was wrong about you," Hunk apologized.

As you entered the vestibule with the others, a computerized voice ran an identity scan, and the team was bathed in light.

"Why are we here? What do you want with us?" Shiro demanded, but his question was met with silence. Crystal torches ignited and led down an eerie hallway.