Chapter 13: Truth all Around

*WHAM!*

You impacted with the floor and skidded back a good ten feet before you managed to steady yourself. Keith breathed heavily, then wiped his sweaty bangs out of his pale face, smiling.

"You're getting pretty good, (Y/N)," he complimented you helping you stand. "But you seem a little distracted today. Something on your mind?"

You looked away and scratched the back of your neck, not sure if you could muster up the courage to speak up about it. You hadn't admitted it to anyone yet, but King Alfor's reveal of the past spirit guide's failure had damaged your confidence greatly, and considering you had just started to build it up, it wasn't a healthy truth to swallow.

Keith looked into your sad eyes and appeared to understand. "I get it...it's because of what Allura's dad told you on the bridge, isn't it?"

You nodded solemnly.

"...Well, his AI was seriously corrupted, and he was acting aloof. Maybe he got mixed up with some other moron in his memories. I highly doubt someone as incredible as the spirit guide would cost the universe everything."

Keith's words helped your mood lift. With a tiny smile, you gave him a nod of thanks, hoping that was the case. However, deep down in the darkest parts of your heart, you suspected Alfor had known exactly what he was talking about.

Keith glanced at the ticker on the wall of the training deck. "It's getting pretty late," he said. "We should call it here for today. The paladins and I have a mission to infiltrate some Galactic Hub, so you should get some rest while we deal with that."

You knitted your brow in concern, wondering if the paladins could handle this on their own.

"It'll be fine," Keith said without missing a beat. "As long as we're not detected, we won't even need Voltron. Just try to relax and forget about what Alfor said, okay?"

You hesitated, knowing you couldn't forget such a blow to your spirit that easily. However, Keith had never steered you wrong before, so you nodded and stretched, privately eager to get some rest after a long day of training. With a last wave of goodbye to Keith, you made your way to your room, unprepared for the events yet to happen...

***

You awoke out in the middle of space. You panicked and gasped for air, only to realize that you had no trouble breathing to begin with. Was this a dream? You turned to see a transport hub of some sort, wedged between two planets. The Green Lion was flying in, cloaked. You figured the team must be on that important mission Keith spoke about. But why here?

Curious to find out what was going on, you moved your arms, hoping to swim to the transport hub. Upon closer inspection, you saw that it bore a Galran design. The team had chosen to infiltrate a Galran transport hub in order to find out what they were shipping. Now you understood.

You watched another ship fly in, and you hopped on, freezing up when you saw a patrol pass you. However, they phased right through you. It seemed that they couldn't see you, as if you were some sort of dream-induced astral projection. Was this one of your spirit guide powers?

You found the others in a control room, where Pidge had taken down a security drone and was trying to get it to work. Meanwhile, Allura shocked everyone, including you, by changing her skin color and height, allowing her to resemble a Galran soldier. You didn't know she could do that, much less know what she needed it for.

You got your answer when you saw Shiro follow Allura into another room. They seemed to be heading towards the control panel. But why would they need to do that?