Chapter 7: Voltron Formation

Back in the Castle, the four claimed Lions waited at the door securing the Black Lion. You stood beside them, wondering what they were waiting for.

"Go on, (Y/N)," Allura coaxed. "They're waiting for your command."

Gulping, you silently stepped forward and closed your eyes, willing the Lions to open the doors. As you did, you felt your body stretch again, transforming into your lion form. The Lions, in turn, all roared at the same time, opening the large doors before them. Inside sat the biggest Lion of the bunch; the Black Lion. Its eyes glowed yellow as soon as the doors opened up. You then padded up to the mechanical beast and sat down.

Shiro, who had to be pushed to the Black Lion, as he was still getting over the shock of watching his daughter turn into an alien lion, came next to you, facing the Black Lion as well. It locked eyes with him, as if judging his personality very carefully, then stood up and roared loudly to signal that he accepted him. The rest of the Lions roared as well, earning a sigh of relief from Allura.

"All of the Lions have accepted their Paladins," she said. "Now, it's time for them to accept their spirit guide."

You cocked your head, wondering how they were supposed to do THAT. Allura caught on right away. "(Y/N), go up to each of the Lions. They'll grant you their knowledge and personalities so that you may adjust to them and gain a greater understanding of what they are most likely to respond to."

Unsure of what she meant by that, you stepped towards the nearest Lion; the Yellow Lion. It bent down to meet you and touched noses with you. As soon as it did, you felt a warm feeling inside that gave you a friendly vibe. It was like you had been hugged around the middle by a comforting presence. You also felt secure and steady, as if nothing would ever harm you again. The feeling faded once the Yellow Lion drew back, but you felt as if you understood it better now.

Next, you went to the Green Lion and touched noses with it as well. You expected another warm sensation, but the emotions that danced through your brain were far more different. Countless ideas and expressive thoughts coursed through your mind, as if the Green Lion was showing you all that it knew. When it relinquished its touch, you felt more enlightened than ever.

The Red Lion was next. It bent down and touched noses with you as well, but you were very unprepared for the rush of emotions that shot through you. A fiery feeling jostled about in your brain and an endless amount of energy bounced through your body. Was this what the Red Lion felt all the time? The fierce desire to fight and take a stand? When it withdrew from you, your legs nearly gave out, but you managed to stay strong.

The Blue Lion eagerly laid down to touch noses with you. The feeling you felt here was gentler and much kinder than the last. You felt as if the whole universe had welcomed you with open arms. The emotions were so accepting, so friendly. It almost felt like the Yellow Lion, but on a much more free-floating vibe. You felt more at ease after recognizing the emotions of the Blue Lion.

And last, was the Black Lion. When you stepped up to meet it, it didn't bend over to receive you right away. It only stared for a long time, as if it was hesitating to accept you as its spiritual guide. You felt nervous about the Black Lion rejecting you, and from the looks on everyone's faces, it seemed that they shared your worries.

But before anything else could happen, the Castle's alarms began blaring loudly. From the look on Coran's face, it didn't look like a good sign. "Oh, quiznak!"

"Sendak is entering the Arusian atmosphere!" Allura said worriedly. "We need Voltron now!"

Knowing it was time to get serious, you faced the Black Lion determinedly and strode up to it. Maybe it was the shared emotions of the other Lions talking, but you had a new responsibility, and you weren't about to shy away from it this time.