[1] 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞.

Alana's origins! Here we goooooooo! (Also, this takes place literally right after the end of Discovery s2 so)

"Chris." Ianthe Archer gently poked the man sleeping beside her.

"Ianthe," he gave a yawn, opening one blue eye, "What time is it?"

The woman looked over at the clock, "0642. But it doesn't matter. I'm having the baby. I let you sleep through some of it, but it's time now. Go tell Alilla, and I'll get dressed."

This wasn't her first baby, so Ianthe knew what was happening. Ianthe had prepared herself and her oldest child, Alilla, that Dad might not be there. She and Alilla lived on the USS Phoenix, where she was the chief engineer. Ianthe's husband, decorated Starfleet Captain Christopher Pike, was the commanding officer of the USS Enterprise.

The Phoenix and the Enterprise were at the same drydock for a few weeks around Ianthe's due date. It wasn't originally planned, but both of them were due for some repairs, specifically the Enterprise. After the battle with Section 31, resulting in the destruction of the Discovery, the Enterprise needed lots of repairs. Thanks to Ianthe's grandfather- the legendary Jonathan Archer- the Phoenix was scheduled to undergo upgrades at the same drydock.

Chris gave a nod, heading down the hall to Alilla's room. The door was closed, so Chris pressed the door chime. He could hear a groan followed by footsteps and the door opened, revealing his oldest daughter. The seven-year-old girl had inherited Ianthe's green eyes and Emory Archer's brown hair. The girl looked a lot more like the Archers than the Pikes, except for her smile. She'd gotten her father's dimples. "Dad, it's early. I'm tired."

"I know, princess," he gave a frown and leaned against the doorframe, "but Mom's going to have the baby."

Alilla instantly perked up, giving a smile. "I get to meet my sister today!"

"Hopefully," Chris gave a little smile. There was always the chance that Ianthe could get stuck in labor for a while. "Do you have a shift today?"

Alilla wanted to be a Starfleet engineer like her mom, and everyone had let her hang out in engineering. Everyone was okay with Lieutenant Commander Archer's daughter being unofficially on shift with her mom. However, they knew that Ianthe would be on medical leave, so when that happened, Alilla would end up working with her second-in-command.

"I do, but only until lunch," she answered. "But I don't wanna watch. Blood is gross, Dad. I'm an engineer, not a medical cadet."

Chris gave a little chuckle, "Okay, I'll tell Mom, and she won't mind."

Before he could say another word, Alilla added, "I know the rules, and how to work the replicators, I'll be fine by myself. Call me when you're ready for me."

Chris gave a nod and kissed the girl's head. "Good. Mom and I are proud of you, you know that?"

"I do, but I'm tired. Goodni- good morning, I guess."

"Sleep well, princess."

Alilla gave a little smile and shut the door, heading back to bed. Chris gave a little smile and walked back to the master bedroom, where he found his wife in his Starfleet Academy command sweatshirt. He gave a little chuckle and got dressed, kissing the top of her head. "I thought that one was mine, since last time I checked, you were an engineer. How are they?"

"I'm pregnant and this one fits better. And they're worse but still manageable," Ianthe answered, giving a small smile. "I texted Ally, and she's on her way. I hate to make her come over to Enterprise, but she's already beamed over."