[3] 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

Alana was sitting at the table, looking up at her sister. "Alilla."

"Can it wait, Alana?" Alilla looked up from her PADD, "I'm studying for my Starfleet entrance exams."

"I wanna go to engineering today with you and Mama."

"But it's Friday. And you know I can't make that decision."

Alana gave a sigh, folding her arms. She had online school on Mondays through Fridays, and usually worked from home. The seven-year-old girl was already in the eighth grade, far ahead of the rest of her schoolmates. She had a lot of free time, and with competent officers all over, she had no problems completing the work. "I'm ahead, though! If I keep going at this rate, I'm going to join Starfleet Academy when I'm twelve!"

"We'll see about that. I don't want you both to leave me," Ianthe gave a little chuckle and shook her head, walking over to the two. "I'll allow you to come to engineering today and help us, Alana... if you promise to be good."

"I promise!" Alana gave a grin.

Alilla gave a snort, getting up to go change with a quick thanks for breakfast. Ianthe gave a smile and folded her arms, looking down at her youngest daughter. "Except you can't wear that. This is a starship, after all."

"I can wear my uniform!" Alana exclaimed. The young girl still had a miniature gold uniform and had kept all of the ones she'd grown out of. Alana was growing pretty fast, and Ianthe estimated that she'd be on the taller side.

"Good. Go get changed, and be back here in fifteen minutes ready to go. That's an order."

"Yes, Lieutenant Commander Mama."

Alana dashed down into her room and slipped on her gold uniform. It was pretty authentic, and the only thing she was missing was stripes on the sleeves for her rank.

She planned to become a captain like her dad, but good captains knew how their ships worked, too. Plus, she was sure that it was part of Alilla's Starfleet Academy's entrance exams. Alilla was going to be an engineer, while Alana planned to go on the command track. However, the young blonde thought she could never be too prepared.

Looking in the mirror, she grabbed her hairbrush, brushing out her hair and tying it in a high ponytail. Sliding on her boots, she thought that she looked perfect, just like all of the other officers. There was only one thing missing; her badge.

Giving a smirk, Alana carefully pulled out the badge her dad had given her. It was one of the real metal ones that he had, and it was a parting gift the last time that she'd seen him. She pinned it onto her shirt, giving a smile and walking out to the living room. "I'm ready, Mama."

Ianthe was waiting, wearing her red uniform in the living room. She looked up and gave a chuckle, "You look adorable, baby. That's the badge that Dad gave you, right?"

"Yeah," she said proudly, puffing her chest out a little.

"I want to send him a picture," Ianthe pulled out her phone and quickly snapped some pictures, sending them to Chris. "There."

"I like my uniform," Alana gave a smile. "Where's Alilla?"

"She's still getting ready, but that's okay. We have a little time." At the sound of a ping, Ianthe checked her phone and gave a huge smile. "The Enterprise is pretty close, so we might get to see Dad."

"Dad?" Alilla asked, stepping out of her room. She had on the same red uniform as her mother did, except hers had cadet stripes while Ianthe's had those of a lieutenant commander. She'd been accepted to Starfleet Academy and was studying on the Phoenix for a few more months before she attended the San Francisco campus. "We haven't seen him in a while."