[7] 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐮𝐥𝐜𝐚𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

James T

James T. Kirk, for the first time in his life, was speechless.

"They really said yes? You're not just pulling my leg?"

"Yes!" Alana gave a little smirk as she followed the man across the grounds of Starfleet Academy and into one of the buildings. She and Jim were helping Captain- now Professor- Maddie Thatcher move into her new office. "I was surprised, too. But they wanna talk to you before Enterprise re-launches in May after graduation?

"Yeah," he replied, walking into Maddie's office. The two were carrying the last set of boxes into her office. "Maaaaddiiiiie!"

"Whaaaaat?" The brunette turned around, looking up from her desk. "Oh, there are my uniforms! Thanks."

"You'll never guess what the Archers said," Jim gave a little smirk, setting the box down. "Alana's coming with me."

Maddie looked at Alana, raising an eyebrow. "Have the Archers met him? He cheated on the Kobayashi Maru."

"I improvised, Maddie."

"You cheated, Jim."

Alana gave a little giggle, jumping up on Maddie's desk and sitting next to a box. "From what I hear, you cheated, and they nearly kicked you out of Starfleet."

"Who told you that?"

"Jon and Em."

Defeated, Jim rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine. Uh, Maddie, where do you want everything?"

"There's not much left, really..." The three had been unpacking all day, so Maddie's office had already been organized. The uniforms were the last thing that needed to be moved, and Maddie just pushed the box into the corner. All of the other cheerleading stuff had been organized, from pom-poms to megaphones. It was early May, right before finals and graduation, so the sports teams were starting practices soon.

"Cool," Alana gave a little smile, sitting in Maddie's chair. "Maybe when I get into the academy's command track, then I'll have you as a professor."

"Maybe you will," Maddie gave a little smile, pulling some of her stuff out of the box. The entire first box had textbooks, and the second one had her decorations. There wasn't much in there- a photo of her and her old senior officers, a model of the Columbia, and her name plate.

Alana gave a little smile, "I'm excited to pass the Kobayashi Maru fair and square. I promise not to cheat."

"Hey!"

"Yeah, yeah, youngest hotshot in Starfleet," Maddie gave a little smirk. "Anyway... thanks for helping me move in. Cheerleading practice starts pretty soon. Thankfully, I already have my full roster assembled, and I'll hold one small tryout in August."

Alana gave a nod, leading to a few moments of silence before Jim asked, "When was the last time you were on Enterprise?"

The girl tapped her finger to her lip, trying to think of the last time she stepped foot on Enterprise. Jim had been busy the day she'd met him, and so had she. Once Jim had finished his report to Jon, the group had split, and Alana and Jim ended up texting and video calling more more than they'd actually spent time talking face-to-face. He'd invited her and Jon to see Enterprise a few months ago, a few days after she'd met Maddie at the Gala. However, Jon wouldn't let Alana go without him, and he'd been busy in the time between the end of the Gala and the start of graduation prep.