Chapter 5

Sallena*

"Detention?" Remus asked me. "Two weeks, it's been two weeks. "We were sitting in the common room it was getting close to curfew.

"You're surprised?" I asked. "I'm surprised it took this long."

"Just you?"

"No." I said. "I might have gotten James in trouble to."

"So you and James have detention with...?"

"Slughorn, on Monday."

"Well it could be worse, I mean he thinks your an angel."Remus said. "Don't know why he thinks your an angel but he does."

"I don't know why teachers think you're an angel either."

"Fair enough." He said.

"Yeah, well I mean I'm not an angel at all. And unlike you who can kiss up really well, I just don't care."

"On a completely unrelated topic, maybe detention with James will be good for you."

"Why?"

"I know I probably shouldn't say this but..." He said. "Maybe you'll finally get  the courage and kiss him." I felt my face heat up.

"I hate you." I said.

"No you don't." He said smiling. "Where is James anyway?"

"Not sure." I said. "Last I saw him he was flirting with a Ravenclaw girl."

"Was it the sameone as last time?" I shrugged.

"For your information no it wasn't." I prayed he hadn't been there long. I turned around facing him.

"For your information, I don't really care." Remus said.

"So James," I said

"You got me detention?" He asked sitting on the couch next to me.

"How did you...?"

"I have friends in high places."

"You have friends?" I asked.

"Wow," James said. "Okay, I see where I'm not wanted." He said getting up.

"No, no, no." I said. "Don't leave. I'm sorry." I said. He gave me a questioning look. "Please?" I asked.

"Fine." He said. "But only cause I need to copy down the answers to the potions assignment."

"Really?" I asked, "it's not cause I'm amazing and you love me?"

"You are amazing," He said sitting next to me. "Amazing at potions, so about that assignment?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll you're eyes at me missy."

"Did you just call me missy?" I asked.

"Sorry to interrup this conversation," Vanessa said, "but Remus could I talk to you real fast?"

"Sure?" Remus said, but it was more of a question. Vanessa led Remus to a table a little away from where James and I sat.

"What do you think that's all about?" James asked.

"I don't know." I said. "Anyways, you needed help with the potions assignment?"
James opened his mouth to talk but I already know what he was going to say.
"No you can't copy mine."

"The one class you actually do the assignment, you don't even let me copy."

"No, cause if I did Lily would kill me."

"Lily doesn't have to find out."

"Oh my..." I sent a silent prayer to any divine power people believed that would listen. "What do you need help with? "

"Everything."

I sighed. "Do you expect me to reteach you everything we've learned so far?"

"No," He said. "Just what we've learned this week."

"I hate you." I said.

"No you don't."

"Wait," I said. "Today's Friday, Tomorrow's Saturday, James."

"Well..." He started. "I want to get it done so I don't have to worry about it Sunday night."

"Since when have you been one for planning ahead, or doing the assignments at all."

"I have no idea."

"Your a confusing person."

"Yeah, I know"