Mourning

Notes:

Let's see how Anna is doing

Chapter Text

She sat alone in the private office that once belonged to her beloved sister, the Queen. For the weeks that she was gone, Anna had kept herself in places her sister mostly stayed in.

After 2 months of Elsa's kidnapping, the council had announced to Anna that she was to be the new queen of Arendelle. Of course she tried to deny the position, saying that her sister would come back, but they had said 'As heartbreaking as it is to lose our dear Queen, she is likely to have already been killed by those monsters.'

But that couldn't be true, Anna refused to believe that her sister was dead. Marshmellow, the other snowmen and even Olaf were still alive. The magic powers that Elsa had over her snow was still going strong, Olaf had even said that if Elsa were to die there was a likely chance that he, Marshmellow and the snowgies would have melted away.

It brought some comfort to her to know that her sister was still out there, alive, but she also feared that Elsa was going to be tortured. Anna wanted to find her sister, she was even willing to leave to look for her like the last time, but Kristoff wouldn't let her go, though she was very upset about it he did make very valid points. She wouldn't even know where to begin to look for her, and if she did find Elsa, she wouldn't stand a chance against those monsters- Elsa couldn't and she had her powers, and Anna was just normal.

She cried everyday, whenever the thought of her sister simply came to mind.

Anna curled herself on the floor, leaning against the couch like she would with Elsa. Wanting to cry again but the tears would not come, Anna looked at the small tea table, there were diaries of her mother and she has read every page of every diary, especially the ones that mentioned the vampires. Though that was hardly any help at all, all those words written down was simply the sorrow of her relative, her anger and hatred to the vampires, something Anna herself was already sharing.

Sighing deeply, the young redhead glanced out the window. The sunset was beautiful as always but it looked rather dull and lifeless, or at least that was how Anna had been feeling. She was alone only because she had asked to be, Kristoff and Olaf were always with her, trying their best to make her feel a little happy but she just couldn't do it. She knew she wasn't being fair, Kristoff and Olaf both deeply cared for Elsa and they were trying to cope that she was gone, but they didn't love her the way Anna did. She had finally gotten her sister back and she loved the year that brought her the joy, only to be snatched away by hideous monsters.

Anna didn't want to cope with her sister being gone, she didn't want the responsibility of being queen, that role was meant for Elsa! Elsa was the perfect queen in her eyes, smart, beautiful, and she absolutely loved her people. Anna didn't understand politics the way Elsa did, she did not know how to make the smart and right choices for her people and the good of the kingdom, but Elsa did, it practically came naturally to her.

Bringing her knees to her chest, Anna looked out at the now darkened sky. From the view of the window, she could still see the last of the remaining sunset and the glistening water, the sky dark and littered with stars, it was beautiful view, always was and will continue to be, but what was the point of its beauty if she could no longer see it with her beloved sister? It was simply empty beauty, it no longer had its special feeling like it use to.

The sound of the door being pushed open softly whispered in Anna's ears, but she made no move to acknowledge it if she heard it or not, she already knew who was at the door. It was shut softly and the soft echo of footsteps coming her way but she still did not turn her head.

Olaf came into her line of sight, he sat beside her, leaning his on her knee as he looked out the window just like herself. A warm arm wrapped around her back making her lean slightly onto her husband, his head leaned onto hers as he too looked out the window. No words were said between the trio as they tried to take comfort in the dark, the moon being the only source of light.

It was heartbreaking for them, but not just the three of them alone, the once bustling joy of Arendelle had dulled into sadness and sorrow, taking in the harsh reality of the world and its cruel monsters, the lost lives of the few citizens caught in the hands of Jack Frost, and their beloved Queen of Arendelle was forever gone.

Arendelle was in mourning, and it would be for a while longer.

Notes:

Kudos and comments are welcome