Light

Light: the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible.

     It felt as though I had woken up from my worst nightmare. My face stuck in the muck. Where was I? I pushed myself up from the ground. Looking around I saw the most familiar trees. Then I turned around and remembered...the pond.

     I saw my reflection staring back at me. But I wasn't sure it was me. My hair had turned white and my eyes a bright blue. Had I aged? I mean, I had grown taller but not enough to feel my back ache. Was this all a dream? It didn't feel real.

     The light must have been playing tricks on me. There was no way I could have white hair.
I was 12 years old after all, wasn't I? I began to touch my body. Muscles? I didn't have those before. Body hair? I didn't have that before either? Had I gone through puberty without knowing it? There was one final test to be made... the hair on top of my head.

     I anxiously grabbed my hair and pulled it down for my eyes to see. The only thing that I could see was white. I gasped in shock and threw myself on the ground. What was going on? I had to get to the bottom of this.

     As I picked myself up, I saw a large stone. It had a bunch of flowers surrounding it.  "Intriguing." I thought out loud. The sun was high in the sky. The sun whom provided the most amount of light. Light, the natural agent that was playing tricks on my eyes.