Supply List

I slowly walked back to my room, unsure of what to do. My head was swimming with all of my questions. What just happened? I sat down on the bed and it creaked. I reread my letter and checked the enveloped again. Another letter fell out and it was my supply list. 

"First Years will require:

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat(Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (Dragon Hide or similar)

One Winter Coat (Black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
1 basic potions ingredients kit
1 set of protective gloves
Quills
Inks
Parchment
Blank Journal

Students may also bring a pet.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK."

I looked up. Wand? Cauldron? This definitely won't be anything like my school. My school district is very poor so it doesn't have money to pay for "luxuries" such as good food, air conditioning, or good classroom environments. It used to be a factory, but a fire brought down the whole business. They converted it into a school. There are still some scorch marks on the walls. Some people said that the ghosts of workers that died in the fire are still wandering the halls. I thought that was just ridiculous, until now. If witches and wizards exist, then do ghosts exist? Do vampires or ghouls or werewolves exist? My heart was racing. I let out a small laugh. 

"I'm a witch," I said to myself, finally letting the fact sink in. 

"Y/N! We need to talk!" Mom shouted from downstairs. I groaned. I walked slowly downstairs.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Um, about your school," said Mom.

"Yes?" I repeated. 

"We'll tell your friends that you're going to a boarding school. We'll say that it was a special for academically talented kids, alright?" 

I sighed. We've had to tell so many lies to get out of tricky situations. 

"Okay, Dad."

My mom smiled sadly. "It'll be okay." She rubbed my back. "That... teacher will be here tomorrow. Make sure to wake up early."

I looked at dad, and he averted his gaze. The only thing I saw in his eyes was disgust. He whispered something to my mother and the only word I could hear was "disappointed." I glared at him and walked upstairs again. 

Author's Note (AN): Hi! Thanks for reading this! It's a bit short, so I'm sorry about that! I have some school work and it's hard to fit this writing in. I probably won't have a fixed updating schedule, but I'll try to update as soon as I can. As I said, this will be based off the moves AND the books. I always wanted a fanfiction based on the books because, honestly, some parts of the movie are laughable in my opinion. So, I made one! Thanks! See you next time!