Diagon Alley

(AN: Thank you so much for 45 reads! I can't believe that 45 people took time out of their lives to read my story! That means a lot to me. I know that this is going kind of slowly, but you'll see Draco soon!)

As the cart squeaked along the trail, Bogrod was mumbling something under his breath. I looked back at Professor McGonagall for an explanation, but she shook her head and looked away. I shrugged and looked around. We were going so fast that there wasn't anything to see. Everything was a blur. Maybe that was the point.  Finally, we stopped and I finally see everything clearly. Bogrod hobbled out of the cart and I followed. Professor McGonagall walked out slowly with her hands clutching her stomach. 

Bogrod whispered something and a door appeared out of thin air. It was huge, with many carvings. He took a key out of his pocket and put it in a tiny hole. The door opened and a small pile of gold was inside. The big room only seemed to make it shrink. 

"This is your money for school supplies," said Professor McGonagall. She took a drawstring bag out of her pocket and scooped the gold into the pouch. "The bag has an undetectable extension charm. You can put anything in here, no matter the size."

"So, if I wanted to hide someone-"

"I strongly advise you don't do that," the professor interrupted. She handed the bag to me. "We should head back. Didn't you say you had Muggle money? You can exchange it for our currency."

"Alright," I said. We head back to the cart and rode back to the lobby. After I exchanged my money, Professor McGonagall and I decided to go get some school supplies and uniforms. 

"Let's go get your wand first," said the Professor. I nodded and we walked towards the store that said Ollivanders. I've heard of witches in movies and they always had a wand. Although, those witches were mostly evil. I doubt that there are any evil witches or wizards here. The wizarding world felt like a wonderland and an escape from other evils. As I entered the store, I saw an elder man with messy gray hair sitting at his desk writing something on what looked like faded off-white paper. He was writing with a black quill. I looked at it in surprise. Did witches and wizards not use pencils? The man looked up and smiled. 

"Welcome! I am Mr. Ollivander. What is your name?" he asked. 

"Y/N Y/L/N," I replied.

"Let's get you a wand," he said softly. He looked through a row of shelves. Each shelf contained rows and rows of wands stacked on top of each other. He handed me a wand and told me to wave it. I did, and a shelf exploded. My eyes widened in surprise. He took the wand from me calmly as if this was normal. I blew up some more things before I got a wand that fit properly in my hand as if it were made for me. Then, lime green sparks shot out of the tip of the wand. 

"I think we have found your wand, Miss Y/L/N," Mr.Ollivander smiled at me. "That wand is a stiff 9-inch long cherry wood wand with a unicorn hair core."

"Unicorn hair? Unicorns exist?" I asked, amazed. Mr. Ollivander chuckled and nodded. 

"Thank you, Garrick. Have a nice day!" said Professor McGonagall.

"You too, Minerva!"

We walked away as a huge man with long, messy brown hair that covered his eyes walked by. He was twice the size of an average-sized Muggle man. There was a scrawny boy with glasses right next to him. 

"Hallo Minvera!" said the man.

"Good afternoon, Hagrid. Is this Harry?" she asked. 

"It is! Harry, say hallo to yer professor! She teaches at Hogwarts," said Hagrid.

"Hello," said the small boy softly. He must be shy. 

"Who's this?" asked Hagrid. He pointed at me. 

"I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N!" He smiled and walked away. Harry had to run to catch up to him. 

"We got all of your school supplies. Would you like to get a pet with your own money?" asked Professor McGonagall.

"Yeah!" I said. I wonder what pets they had. We walked into the Magical Menagerie and saw, not ravens or black cats, but pure chaos.