Prologue

It was a peaceful night. The bright, white moon shining it's dim light throughout the land in a blue hue, the stars in the black sky wrapping around the earth, and the occasional hoot from an owl made the whole land quiet and peaceful. In the woods, however, a man wondered by. He was mainly known as "The Sorcerer", capable of almost reality-bending magic never seen by any magician before.

"These are dark times indeed." he said to a newborn baby he held sleeping in his arms, "Before long, your father will die, and Britain will come into great ruin. But don't worry, it'll soon be fixed." He looked down at the sleeping child and smiled softly. "Not now, though," he said, "You're far too young." Eventually, he made it to some grassland, with a small castle in the midst of it. Knocking on the front door, a confused man opened it. Once he saw the wizard, the man gasped.

"The Sorcerer." he muttered before standing straighter, "Uh-what might bring you to this place at this time of night?"

"Yeah, yeah. Name's Merlin and cut the formalities." Merlin said, "Anywho, hey Sir Ector, how's life been treating you? Haven't seen you in a while." He then tried to peep through the door. "So how's your wife been? What's she wearing? Something sexy, I bet." he asked, laughing at his own joke. That made Ector think it was a good idea to just shut the door behind him. "Aw, sorry Sir, it was just a light-hearted joke." Merlin said, slightly disappointed. Ector looked down to see the baby Merlin had in his arms.

"What's with the child?" he asked, "Is it yours?" Merlin's humorous expression suddenly became serious, remembering why he was there in the first place.

"No," he said quietly, looking back at the child softly, "He's not." He then looked straight at Ector, "Listen, Sir," he continued, "I want you to take care of this child and raise it as your own." Ector gave him a baffled look.

"What?" he said, "I-I can't do that. I have my own son to take care of and-"

"I'm entrusting this child to you." Merlin interrupted, "Sorry. King's orders." He soon passed the baby to Ector. The man looked at the innocent newborn and soon sighed.

"King's orders, right?" he muttered, "Fine, I'll take him." Merlin smiled.

"Welp, thank you very much!" he said happily, walking away, "I really, really wish I could stay longer, but I got, like, seven different time periods to visit."

"Wait!" Ector called, "What's his name?!" Merlin stopped for a moment and slowly turned to look at him.

"Arthur." he said, "His name is Arthur."