5:

Edited by my good friend The hardie-boy! 

Chapter 5:

"All day, staring at the ceiling

Making friends with shadows on my wall

All night, hearing voices telling me

That I should get some sleep

Because tomorrow might be good for something.

Hold on,

Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown.

And I don't know why

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell."

~Matchbox Twenty, Unwell.

-

-

-

Louie:

This wasn't happening.

Louie didn't even notice until that night.

Black patches of skin on his arm.

Why didn't he care? This could be the plague or something... but he didn't bother telling Donald, didn't want to tell Beakley or Scrooge or anyone, and especially not Della.

Sometimes, he wished the world would leave him alone. He knew he wasn't going to amount to much. All he does is screw up, and the sooner he and everyone else knew that, the better.

For some reason, Louie thought he could sleep tonight.

It shouldn't have been so bad this weekend, and it wasn't.

And yet it was.

Donald didn't ask him too many questions, but every now and then reminded him that if Louie wanted to talk, that he could. He appreciated the concern, but it only made his demons speak, and they weren't supposed to talk this weekend.

"How could you?"

"Your mother was excited for this trip!"

"So were your brothers."

"And now you're lying to Donald."

"They hate you."

"They do!"

"They don't..."

"Fine, keep lying to yourself then."

Louie thought maybe the voices would stop if he ignored them, but they just kept going.

Was he crazy?

Something was definitely wrong with him.

Nobody heard voices in their head. That was just insane.

Was Louie crazy?

Nonsense, Louie knew the voices in his head weren't real, just his own thoughts talking to him.

He wasn't Joan of Arc crazy, so maybe he's just not crazy.

But crazy people don't know they're crazy, so if he knows he's crazy, does that mean he's not crazy? If he thinks he's sane, is he crazy then?

The thought made his head hurt. How was he supposed to survive tomorrow? How could he face his mother again?

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes the world surprises you with a good day.

The next day:

Louie:

Louie was tired.