Chapter 9

I know I'm a mess with schedules and updates but I try to be here as often as I can. This story is almost over, there is only one chapter left but don't worry, there is more to come in the future. Enjoy this!!!

Ruby, Sophie and Fernando returned to the hotel. Sam was working the front desk, Bill and Harry were doing the heavy lifting with the tables in the courtyard. Sky was attending some guest, Tanya and Rosie were in charge of decorating. Pauly was in a separate table checking on her notebook, she had Donny on her lap, entertained with one of his toys.

"Hey" Sophie greeted with Ruby following in Fernando's arm

Pauly looked up at them "Hi, I got everybody working while you were gone. I don't want to delay the party preparations. I take my job very seriously but I also don't mind watching Donny, he is adorable"

"Thank you for that, for everything" Sophie said, Donny raised his arms to her "I'm gonna go give him a bath, today is a little hot" she took him, kissed her grandparents and took off. Tanya and Rosie couldn't help but follow after them.

"How are you?" She asked Ruby

"I'll take over the front desk from Sam and leave you two to talk" Fernando said kissing Ruby on the lips. She nodded and sat in the chair in front of Pauly.

"I'm ok Paulette" Ruby said in a sad tone "it just hit me really hard because I miss Donna so much. Georganne saying I had everything made me think that I don't have my daughter and it hurt" she sighed "I do have her all around me because everything here was possible because of her. I don't understand why Georganne says she has nothing. She works with you and has her children alive, she can at least try to have a good relationship with them."

"She does try but her boys are grown men and are focus on their own thing. I've talked to them and they do care but she is still tormented by Georgia" Paulette explains

"How? Mother haunts her every thought like she does to me?" Ruby joked lightly

"Georgia is still very much alive and kicking you know. She's 93 years old and lives in next door to Gigi much against her will" Pauly said,

Ruby went cold "Really? I thought she would be in the afterlife by now"

"Talk to your sister Ruby" Pauly said chuckling

"Ok" Ruby stood up, took a deep breath and went to her sisters room

Georganne was sitting on her bed, on her phone. A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts "come in" when she saw Ruby she straightened up to give her full attention. Gigi was worried about Ruby after their fight.

Ruby came in and sat on the foot of the bed, in front of Gigi "Hey"

"I'm really sorry about what I said to you, I didn't mean to make it sound like it did" Georganne said

"I'm ok stupid" Ruby assured, they both giggled "Are you?" She asked

Gigi was a little taken aback by Ruby's concern but she appreciated it "I guess, thanks"

"Gigi you said you had nothing but you do, you have your children and even if they have their lives made, they look after you. You have a stable job even if it's not your dream job but you're good at it" Ruby said

"I am good at it and I do like it. But that's not good enough, not according to mother but I had to do it for my children" Gigi said softly

"It is good enough if it makes you happy, remember what aunt Lucy said. Now you are a full grown woman and can't let mother control you anymore. I still have trouble letting go of the past but I'm learning and is all thanks to the people around me" Ruby said "don't let mother get into your head"