Chapter 10

It's almost time for this story to end, only one chapter left. Not only because I don't have more chapter ideas for this lol, but because this has been here incomplete for too long. I got the idea for Donna's letter from another story but completely different subject. Thank you for your continued support and make sure to check out my other stories. Enjoy!!!

The last couple of days Ruby, Georganne and Paulette spent it between laughs, story telling and dancing. The family had join in on the fun from time to time but they gave Ruby space. Nobody, ever, had seen the fun side Ruby was showing. That was a side from her past she had pushed away but never forgotten. Something definitely had changed in her, Ruby was more relaxed. She was happy to feel like her old self again, she helped Pauly with great ideas for the anniversary celebration. Everything was in motion faster than before but they were on track. The day before the celebration everyone was on the move. Getting the finishing touches and last minute details done. Ruby and Georganne had gone to the plaza to prepare the kids.

The day progressed well until night fell, Ruby was exhausted. She also had many emotions, it was almost time for Pauly and Gigi to leave. The time she spent with them made her remember who she truly was. She had made peace with Gigi and got her best friend back. That night she went to bed extremely drained in all senses of the word. Fernando slept beside her, cuddling her like always. She couldn't sleep, remembering everything she went through and what has happened this week. Ruby turned to look at her husband fast asleep then carefully removed his hand and got out of bed. She put on a robe and went to the courtyard. Ruby walked through the tables, eyed the decorations and admired the stage. She smiled proudly, Paulette was really good at her job. Ruby walked to the front desk, grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and went to the back balcony of the hotel, her secret spot for thinking. She had released almost all her demons of the past, all except one, her feelings for her mother. She began to write to her, everything that was left unsaid.

When Ruby became a mother of her own and disconnected with Donna, she began to understand Georgia. Maybe Georgia can forgive her for leaving just as she was willing to forgive all the abuse. Ruby realized that there is no better connection than a mother with her daughter. Georgia was a really proud woman and Ruby was too, like mother like daughter but being on the island had taught Ruby so much. She can maybe still keep in touch and teach her a few things. Ruby folded the letter and put it in an envelope, she sighed and got up to the fence. She liked watching the night sky filled with stars and the moon connect with the ocean. Ruby after a few minutes she felt two arms wrapped around her from behind, she relaxed once his face touched hers. She smiled slightly and leaned into him, enjoying his warm embrace.

"How did you find me? This is suppose to be my secret spot" Ruby asked chuckling

"I know you like I know the ocean, even if you don't tell me, I know everything about you mi amor" Fernando answered "How are you?"

"I don't know, I'm feeling a lot of things" Ruby told him, she looked down at the letter she wrote.

Fernando noticed this and looked at the letter as well "I see you had finally reached one important step into healing"

Ruby raised the envelope in front of them for both to see and sighed "I guess so, it's easier this way. I'm not ready to see her yet but I will before it's too late"

Fernando kissed his wife's hair "I'm really proud of you sweetheart" Ruby smiled on hearing him say that.

She turned in his arms and as they gazed into each other's eyes, Ruby leaned in to give him a sweet kiss on the lips. She looked at him again and smiled "How can I be deserving of all I have after everything I've done?? How can I be deserving of you my love??" She whimpered