part 2; chapter five

Aboard the transport, you sat with Leia. She explained to you Holdo's plan and reason for the way she commanded the Resistance. You understood now, but it in now way improved your mood as you struggled to comprehend that Finn was really gone.

You watched as the main ship grew further away. Holdo was still onboard, preparing to sacrifice her life for the greater good of the Resistance. You admired her now, and thankfully had a moment to apologize on behalf of Poe and yourself before you were whisked away on this ship. 

Poe woke up with a start. "No. No, no, no, no!" He got up and ran to the viewport, smacking his hand against it and dropping his head in defeat. 

You called out softly, "Poe."

He turned. "___, thank God. Are you alright?" 

He rushed to you and sat down beside you. You moved closer to Leia and smiled gently. "I'm okay, Poe. Nothing happened. Look."

He looked to where you were nodding to, and he settled down. "What is that?"

"The mineral planet called Crait," you said. "An uncharted hideout from the days of the Rebellion."

"That's a Rebel base?" 

"Abandoned, but heavily armed," you said. "That's what D'Arcy told me, anyway. We'll have enough power to send a distress signal to allies. I didn't know the Resistance had allies." 

 "Of course we do, we..." he trailed off. "So Holdo knew..."

"She knew," you said. "None of us could've known, Poe."

"She was more interesting in saving the Resistance than seeming like a hero," Leia said. 

* * *

Hux had never been happier than when he heard that two Resistance members were captured on board. He was overwhelmed with glee when he approached them, seeing that one of the pair was the traitor who had helped you escape only over two weeks ago.

"Well, well," he mumbled to himself. He slowed to a stop in front of the ex-soldier, who was kneeling before him. It pleased him to see this piece of scum in this position. Almost too gleefully, he lifted his hand and slapped him across the face. "Well done, Phasma."

"Your ship and payment, as we agreed," Phasma said to the man that handed over the Resistance members. 

The shock and betrayal on the faces of the Resistance members only fueled Hux's delight. He chuckled to himself, watching the scene as if it were a live performance professionally put together. 

"You lying snake!" the girl exclaimed, and as she fought to rise up onto her feet, the stormtroopers held her down. 

"We got caught, I cut a d-d-deal," the stammering man managed. 

"Wait," the traitor asked, "cut a deal with what?" 

"Sir, we checked on the information from the thief," an officer said. Hux turned his head; it was your father. "We ran a decloaking scan and sure enough, thirty Resistance transports have just launched from the cruiser."

"He told us the truth," Hux said, nodding. "Will wonders never cease? Our weapons are ready?" 

"Ready and aimed, sir," he said. 

"Fire at will." 

"No, no. No, you can't!" Finn screamed. A stormtrooper grabbed him and kept him down on his knees.

"No!" the girl screeched. 

Hux smiled and chuckled. He lowered himself in front of the traitor. "Tell me, is she still fighting with you all? Has she not been smart enough to flee?" At the look on Finn's face, he knew. "So she is still there. Good. She will die then."