𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒

(Two for injuries, blood, passing out

(Two for injuries, blood, passing out. Stay safe!)

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Acting unsuspicious was difficult. Daphne was on edge, extremely jumpy and anxious. If Daniel had noticed something was different, he hadn't commented on it. As casual as she could, she packed the few belongings Johanna and Daphne had brought. It wasn't much, some rings, her violin, a bar of soap, a sweater. It almost felt idiotic to want to bring it with her, but they weren't going home. Once more, they were going to a place very different than the comforting woods and the familiar shapes of their houses. Something to remind them of where they came from seemed needed.

All in all, Daphne was excited. Just thinking about finally leaving the Capitol behind made her heart jump and her stomach flutter with something much nicer than anxiety. That was, as long as she was left alone, sitting straight on the couch, trying to calm her heartbeat.

It wasn't a surprise that Daniel had noticed her odd behavior. "You seem more tense than normal," he said, making the young woman jump up a bit in her position. "What's gotten you so worked up?"

Daphne took a deep breath to calm her breathing. She forced a smile that probably looked as painful and strained as it felt. "Just anxious," she said, focussing back on the television. Johanna was healthy. They had water and food and no major injuries. At least not to their bodies. "About the plan. If it works the real trouble will begin."

"You don't think she won't kill her friends?" If she had to, Daphne knew Johanna probably would. Daphne herself would probably hurt them. It were the Games, no one thought about who they were killing in that moment. It was life or death. But as much as she knew, she didn't want to talk about that. It wouldn't have to be that way.

"You really shouldn't talk like that," Daphne said, instead of answering. Maybe she just didn't like her answer. Knew it wouldn't really make sense to Daniel, anyway. "You're quite insensitive."

"How else would you like me to say it?" He stood once more, not in the mood to argue about morals once again. Daphne wasn't intending to fight. She was just staring at the screen, hoping nothing would happen until the night fell, until Beetee managed to weaken the forcefield. Until she was on her way to 13.

The day past in a blur, and before she could really process it, she and Daniel were sitting on the couch as the tributes were on their way to the lightning tree. Unable to keep still, Daphne kept changing her position, chewing on her lip until she could taste blood. Then, she began pacing. Never before had a walk seemed so long. Brutus and Enobaria were not too far, but didn't seem to be heading in the same direction as the larger group.

"I can't watch this here," Daniel mumbled. "I need a drink."

"Yeah, yeah," Daphne waved him off as he left the room. She guessed the man was heading towards one of the many parties to get drunk, to gloat about the dramatics of it all. She didn't care. He could say what he wanted to, it didn't matter, not anymore. Soon, the only thing on their lips would be the rising rebellion, with Katniss as the face, and the other victors as driving forces.