𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

The cafeteria was loud, but it was a nice distraction

The cafeteria was loud, but it was a nice distraction. The others were talking, but Daphne was more focused on her food. After the night before, she felt better, but she wondered if she'd ever feel truly good again.

It was almost within reach, a form of feeling just fine, closer when Johanna brushed her hand against hers or placed a hand on her thigh when Daphne was a little too out of it.

She'd finished her lunch, grabbed her plate and with a smile to Johanna, she left het seat to drop it off. She wanted to get to training earlier.

As she placed the tray down, someone in camouflaged clothing stepped towards her. "Westerfall?" He asked. "Come with me."

"Why?"

He sighed, but answered anyway. "President coin wants to see you. Let's go."

It took her by surprise. President Coin had been talking to most the Victors, but Daphne hadn't actually met her. Maybe that wasn't too strange, Peeta had tried to kill Katniss. Who knew what Daphne could be used for. But why did she want to speak to her now, then?

The man walked away without checking if she followed. Daphne set her feet in motion, following him out of the cafeteria. Before she stepped through the door she glanced back, saw Johanna beginning to stand up. Daphne flashed her a smile she hoped was reassuring or calming as she walked out the room.

She had heard bits and pieces from Katniss when she was around, but in general, besides Johanna, she hadn't seen a lot of people the last few weeks.

It was better that way, though. Johanna was all she needed, all she wanted. She had a purpose, there was no need for distractions. Daphne had liked staying under the radar, the last thing she needed was a lot of attention on her. Sometimes even Joanna's watchful gaze felt like too much.

They reached a room and Daphne was met by Coin, Gavin, and someone dressed in the same clothes as her companion. "What's all this?" She had expected Coin and some people, but not Gavin.

"Miss Westerfall, can I call you Daphne?" Coin said with a smile. "We just want to have a chat, take a seat."

A chair was pulled back for her, and her eyebrows knit together. "Who's he?"

The man's face barely moved as he answered. "Second in command Boggs," was all he said. Daphne wasn't even sure he was looking at her.

It was quite intimidating and she found herself anxious. What did they want from her? Couldn't they just leave her alone? She'd be gone in a few days, anyway.

"Right, about what?" Were they making her transfer teams? She couldn't let Johanna go without her. Daphne has to see her in the Quarter Quell, she would not see her in the Capitol without her there. She had no illusions, knew she wouldn't be able to protect Johanna, but she could hold her hand at night and make sure she slept. It was the least she could do.