𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

tw: talk of burning

tw: talk of burning

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

At times, Daphne thought she could get used to the pain. Thought she could handle whatever they threw at her. Until the man who never said a word, never showed any expression, brought the tool down again, her skin burning, every inch of her wanting to run. But she couldn't move. She'd bite down on her lip, fighting any noise that wanted to come out. She wouldn't give them that satisfaction.

They always won, though. The man kept burning her skin, until Daphne finally gave in, couldn't keep her tears and screams in anymore. It hurt so much, it hurt so long. The days were endless hours of suffering. The only time she slept was when she lost consciousness. No matter how tired she was, the light was always too bright to put her into sleep.

She thought she would die from dehydration, but then the man in the lab coat returned, gave her water and squished food, then asked her questions. It might not have been the cause, but she found a pattern. She didn't answer the questions, she got hurt.

The pain was almost unbearable. Almost. Daphne had reasons to keep her mouth shut. She knew little, but didn't know what the Capitol knew. Any information could be a problem for 13 and the rebellion. She still had people she wanted to protect, even if the only way she could was by being silent.

Telling time was impossible, most of the time was the same sort of suffering. Then, however, the two men returned with two other people. One had blue hair, and Daphne couldn't say if they were a man or a woman. The other was clearly a woman, her orange hair piled up on her head and her soft features contracting in an uneasy and uncomfortable look.

"Get her off the table." Lab coat said, the larger man loosening her restrains. Daphne wanted to do what she could, wanted to escape, but her muscles were too weak to even fully lift her arm.

She got assisted to sit, she got proper food and water. The two people, who turned out to be some sort of prep team, helped her in a long, white dress. One arm was covered in a lush sleeve, and the skin of her left ribs was visible.

Soon there was powder covering her face, and her hair was pulled half back. She pretended not to notice the plucks that fell from her head, even though they weren't cutting it.

"Why are you doing this?" Her voice was weak and hoarse, the lab coat wrote something down.

The blue-haired person nodded at the woman, who spoke in a gentle voice. She didn't seem scared anymore. Daphne wouldn't be afraid of someone as weak as she was, too. "Ceasar wants to ask you some questions. It's in your best interest if you cooperate."

She didn't want to. Didn't want to face a person from the Capitol ever again, let alone be part of their propaganda, which she was certain it was.