Chapter 1

Tia zoned out as the conversation turned to how cute Timothee Chalamet is. Eliza  spoke animatedly about his eyes and hair, and Lindy listened, sorting out her locker.

"I mean, is it legal to be that gorgeous, honestly!" Eliza gushed. Lindy smiled, nodded, and pulled her bag from her locker. Eliza looked at Tia and noticed a distant expression on her face. "Tia? Are you listening?" She waved a hand in front of her face until Tia blinked.

"Huh? Oh yeah. That's my favourite too," Tia mumbled quickly. Lindy rolled her eyes, amused. "Sorry. I'm just tired. Can't wait to get home."

"Me too. Felt like such a long day," Lindy said, as she slammed her locker shut.

"And it's about to get longer," Tia groaned. Walking towards the trio was Elijah Jones, a rich kid who thought far too highly of himself because of his good looks and wealth. Tia couldn't stand the boy and prayed under her breath that he wasn't actually walking towards them. It was bad enough she had to see him at their school captain meetings.

"Speaking of gorgeous," Eliza mumbled under her breath. Lindy giggled again. Tia pinched her arm as Elijah stopped in front of them.

"Tia," he said.

"What do you want?" she said, through her teeth.

"The principal wants to see the two of us now," he replied. "And there's no need to be rude. It's not like I enjoy speaking to you."

"He wants to see us both now? But I'm going home!" Tia said, huffing.

"Don't you think I was too? He wants to see us now. Must be important. Now, can we go? The sooner we go, the sooner we can leave," he said, shifting his bag. Tia hesitated for a second, about to refuse going because she was so tired, but the good-girl inside her couldn't do that.

"Ugh, fine," she said, then turned to Eliza and Lindy. "See you guys later."

"We'll wait for you," Eliza said, beginning to turn away.

"Oh you don't have to. I'll go home alone. God knows how long he'll keep us for," she said.

"We'll wait twenty minutes, okay?" Lindy offered, hugging Tia. Eliza hugged her also and with that, they left the building, leaving Tia alone with the jerk.

"Are you ready?" Elijah asked, rolling his eyes. Tia walked on without saying a word. "Okay then. I guess we're going."

The walk to the principal's office was a total awkward silence. Neither said a word and Tia walked two paces ahead of him the entire time. He stole glances at her every now and then, thinking about how bossy and irritating she was.

"She's so rude and hateful. I don't think we've ever had one civilised conversation. What's she got against me? I'm awesome. I bet she totally wants me," he laughed at that thought and she snapped her head around so fast, he thought she might've broken her neck. Luckily, he had his phone out, so he stared at it until she turned back around.

Tia groaned."Why did I turn around? I wish I hadn't. Now he's going to think I want to know why he was laughing or something. Ugh! I really wish I was just going home instead of being stuck with this buffoon!"

Suddenly she sensed him beside her. She didn't look up, rather she walked faster.

"You want to know why I was laughing, don't you?" he asked, smirking. She let out a sarcastic laugh.

"What makes you think I care what you find funny? Just because your ego is giant-sized and you only care about yourself, doesn't mean anyone else does. So back off," she said, walking faster still, never looking at him.

"You're the one with the big ego, treating me so rudely. What gives you the right to behave like that towards people?" he asked, angrily.

She laughed again. "I'd ask you the same thing, except I don't think your brain could stop thinking about yourself long enough to really grasp the question." He was about to retaliate but they'd arrived at Ms. Tracy, the principal's assistant, and Tia approached the desk, so he was left fuming and annoyed.