Chapter 11

Elijah woke up at half past nine the next morning, noticing that there were no noises coming from Tia's room. He brushed it off and got himself ready. Once he'd gotten dressed, he walked out expecting to see Tia at the door ready to tell him off. She wasn't there.

"Hmm." Suddenly, he heard a noise from the couch, a low groan. He walked around and gasped. There was Tia, sprawled on the couch, looking like she'd gone to hell and back. "What the...what's wrong with you? You look horrible," he gasped.

"Thanks," she coughed. She sat up, fixing her clothes and hair. He looked at her face closer. She had very dark circles around her drooping eyes, her hair was an absolute mess and her lips looked very dry.

"Well, what's wrong?" he asked, again.

"I'm sick, doofus!" she replied, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten."

"Crap. Okay give me a minute," she said, running to her room. He followed her.

"Uh, I don't think you should go out," he said, from her doorway. She was in front of her mirror trying to tie her hair.

"I'm not missing out on anything," she answered him, giving up on the hair tie and retrieving a sunhat from her luggage bag instead. She pulled out sunglasses as well, checking herself in the mirror. She was about to ask him how she looked but checked herself in time. She did not want to even think about what possible replies he could give to that question. She took an extra coat with her, just in case.

"It's not even cold," he commented. She looked at him as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Ever had a fever?"

"Touché," he said, following her out of their room door.

-

The first activity of the day was the Pompeii exhibit at the Melbourne museum, which would be followed by a 3D film about volcanoes at the IMAX. The group was riding on a tram down the street, all talking far too loudly for Tia's liking.

"Ugh, it feels like everybody is in my brain," she groaned, rubbing her temples.

"You probably should've stayed back and gotten some rest," Aladdin said, patting her shoulder.

"No way! I'm not going to let this sickness win," Tia replied, aghast. "It always happens. I get sick every single time I travel."

"Your immune system must be pretty weak," Elijah said from beside her. She didn't even have strength to roll her eyes.

"Gee, I never thought of that," she replied, mockingly, confusing Elijah some more. He didn't know how much nicer he could act towards her. She had clearly forgotten about being civilised.

They finally reached their destination, and all piled off the tram. Aladdin helped Tia off and she recoiled from the sun immediately.

"Why is the sun so strong here?" she whimpered, pulling her hat over her eyes. Aladdin laughed.

"Here, I'll guide you," he offered, taking her hand.

Figg led them all to the school's entrance of the museum and turned to speak to them.

"Okay, we're going in soon. But first, the rules. We're going to get the tour package. That means you'll be listening to a tour guide on your earphones telling you about each new artefact you pass. This will help with the work you have to do," Figg began. There was a simultaneous groan from the entire group. "Don't worry. It isn't hard. You just have to write down the name and dates of some of the artefacts you pass, as well as one interesting piece of information about them. That's it," she explained. She then handed out the sheets they were to write on and ushered them inside.