Crimson Trailer

"There is never a time in the future in which we will work out our salvation. The challenge is in the moment; the time is always now. Do you wish to change it... The future?"

Some say that the world was doomed from the start when Mankind thought it could play God. Others say the coming armageddon was brought on by the discourse and mistreatment of the Faunus. In the end, it doesn't matter how things came to be this way for she has won and nothing can be done to stop her. She is the Alpha and The Omega. There is however a small sliver of hope for Humanity and Faunus alike as there is one man who won't let the world end in misery.

A couple and their son are inside of a laboratory as the parents of the young boy are frantically trying to piece together what little they can in a last-ditch attempt to change the course of history.

Brown Haired Man: "Hurry Elizabeth! We don't have much time they could be here any minute!"

Elizabeth: "I know Henry!"

???: "Mommy, daddy what's going on?"

The two parents then look to their 8-year-old son who's still just in his pajamas.

The boy's father then walks over to his son and kneels in front of him putting his hand on his son's s shoulder.

Henry: "Ryo... Sometimes the hardest decisions require the strongest wills... Your mommy and I need you to stay strong no matter what happens ok."

Ryo: "Daddy... Is something wrong?"

Henry then looks to his wife who has tears glistening from her eyes with her hand over her mouth.

Henry: "No Ryo... everything is going to be fine... I promise."

The growls of Grimm can be heard from outside the lab's walls as a dark and haunting feminine voice can be heard from behind the door.

???: "It's over Kusanagi. Surrender now and I'll consider sparing your wife and son."

Henry: "What about all those families that your Grimm devoured over these torturous years Salem?!" 

For a moment there no response comes from the bringer of calamity until her soft yet demanding voice spoke.

Salem: "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly... I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am."

Henry: "..."

Salem: "All who stand in my way will lose what they treasure most, be glad that I'm giving you a choice."

Henry: "Yes... You are."

Henry then looks to his wife and child as his mind is already made up.

Henry: "And I've decided that I'll go out on my own terms... I choose death!"

Salem: "Then so be it."

The metal walls of the lab start to come tearing down as the Grimm claw their way inside, with Henry and Elizabeth guiding their son, the last hope of humanity to a machine the two had been working on since the beginning of armageddon. moving his son towards the center of the machine Henry turns on the machine as it begins to start whirring as he started punching in the coordinates.

Henry: "Ryo listen to me! Your mother and I are sending you somewhere far away, a place where you can be safe!"

Ryo: "But daddy I don't want to leave you and mommy!"