Chapter 2- Telling my story

As I sat in the car I didn't bother trying to work out where we were going. I was in Ricky's new car which was the coolest thing I had ever seen, THE ninja Nick was sitting next to me, and from the front I could hear Ricky whispering to Rohan while he made gestures back towards me. 

Nick turned to me and he seemed to examine me for a while before saying, "So y/n, tell me about yourself." 

My brain froze and I momentarily forgot to breathe. I knew I couldn't say anything. Not while so many people were in the car with me. Plus, I might start crying again if I told the story. 

"Oh, erm... There's really not much about me, I'm nothing special." I replied and avoided Nicks eyes, for fear it might all pour out of me. 

"Of course you're special!" Nick said and gave me a look that caused butterflies to flutter in my stomach. Nick went red and immediately tried to fix what he had said, "everyone's special in their own way..."

 I suddenly noticed Rick and RTV had stopped talking, they had probably heard the whole exchange. "Well I don't mean to interrupt... but we're here." Ricky said slowly.  

I went to get out of the car but Nick jogged around and opened my door for me. 

"Oh thank you" I said and blushed a little. I didn't think anyone had ever opened a door for me.

"All good bus" he replied and I turned to see Rick watching us very carefully. He raised his eyebrows at me and turned away towards the next Walmart. No sooner had we stepped through the door then an employee came up to us. 

"No funny business" she said and glared at the Ireland boys. "Don't get cheesed we haven't even done anything yet." Rick rolled his eyes a little and one look at the ladies face made me want to laugh. I held myself in and gestured we should find a place to set up the fort. 

"Sorry buds I have to go," Rohan said after checking his phone. "Plus, if my girl sees me hanging with another woman she's gonna rip me." 

Rick nodded, "have a good night bussington".

It was strange, on the cameras Rick and Nick were crazy and constantly doing strange and hilarious stuff, but off camera they were polite and silly. But of course you could see how much Rick cared for his little bro and their friends.  

"Yo how about I start making the fort while you two go get stuff to decorate it." Nick and I just nodded and we headed off towards the pillows. We were quiet for a while before he stated to speak.

"So I noticed you didn't really answer my question before. I'm not going to ask you to tell me but do you want to?" So my avoidance of the question hadn't gone amiss. 

Dang... I wasn't sure how to put everything that had happened into words. The years of pain, the hospitals everyone telling me they felt sorry for me but they really didn't. 

"When I was 13 life was good. I had loads of friends, a great family and my mother had just given birth to my new little sister Chloe." I began explaining, feeling a lump in my throat form. "But you see, I was too trusting. For my 13th birthday I had a huge sleepover. We all chilled and ate food and it was really fun. Before this though I had a girl I barely knew come up to me. She asked to be my friend and said the first way to hang out could be my party/sleepover. I agreed like the idiot I was." We passed by the woman's clothing section, and I kept explaining.  

"At around midnight my parents had fallen asleep and it was just me and my friends awake. I heard Chloe crying from her crib and I got up to see to her, before I heard the sound instantly cut off. I knew something was wrong, so I immediately ran to her room and found Chloe lying there. The pillow was over her face. And she wasn't breathing. Someone had suffocated my beautiful little sister with a pillow. I collapsed and suddenly I knew who had done it. It had been her. I had trusted someone I didn't know and it resulted in my sister's death. After a few months no one believed me it was her. Everyone assumed she had suffocated herself. They took me to hospitals, made me see psychologists because I didn't get over my sister's death. And that girl followed me no matter where I went. She still does."

I didn't realize I was crying until Nick hugged me to himself. 

"That's terrible! I'm so sorry!" And I felt like he actually meant it. Unlike everyone else over the past few years. 

"It'll be 4 years since she died in a week." I whispered, my throat was choked up and as much as I tried to stop crying the tears just kept flowing. 

"Y/n I really mean it you know, I'm so, so sorry for you." 

I nodded. "Thank you. That really means a lot to me."  His words comforted me and the tears finally stopped. 

"I'll always be there for you y/n. Just like I'll always be there for the rest of my friends."