Chapter 6

After school I went home with Adaora,she had invited me to visit her and I gladly accepted.

"I'm so famished" I whined as I got down from the sleek Toyota car and stepped on the interlocked floor. Adaora's house was the typical rich people's home,a duplex painted yellow and a large compound, they had  a lot of trees and we'll trimmed flowers but the compound was really large, I wonder how long it took them to sweep each day.

The door was opened by a petite sized girl wearing an apron,she had extra large eyes and was the maid.

"Anita what did you cook?"Adaora asked dropping her bag on the sofa in the sitting room.

"Jollof rice and chicken" the girl replied,she looked quiet and timid but was older than Adaora and I no doubt.

"Ok, serve us lunch" Adaora ordered,carried her school bag and used the spiral staircase to her room.

The interior of the sitting room was quite impressive and screamed wealth; Italian leather chairs, Arabian rugs, exquisite royal red curtains that were hung high, glistening chalandiers above,milk walls and a 32 inches plasma TV that looked like it was glued on the wall.

There was also a complete sound system and cold air was oozing from the air conditioners . There was a big rosary hanging on the wall too. It was perfect and had a royal aura. I didn't notice Adaora was back till she tapped me. This time she was wearing a simple floral dress. We both walked to the dinning room while Adaora typed away on her phone.

Once I opened the plate,my eyes nearly left the socket, the meal was looking really perfect and immediatly I dug in.

"Aunty take it easy,the food is not running"Adaora said laughing.

"Babe you will not understand,do you know if the chicken will just resurrect?" I asked and she laughed harder as I munched on the bones of the poor chicken.

" Adaora your friend can eat oh" I heard a voice behind me say. My mouth was filled and I knew that oil would be at the edges,I was so embarrassed that moment. It was a young boy of about Chima's height,he had thick eyebrows, straight nose,red lips and caramel skin just like that of Adaora. I wonder why he had to look perfect.

"Hey,am Andrew Onyeke" He introduced himself smiling.

"Victoria Chiamaka Anthony" He nodded and then left, I faced Adaora who was doing something unknown with her phone.

"Is it the same parents that gave birth you guys?" I asked her.

"I don't understand,yes of course" she replied.

"So where are you from because that boy is too handsome"I teased and her face was immediately marred with a frown.

"What so you mean? Are you insulting me?" She asked.

"I'm just joking biko, chill"I said laughing.

*******

"Veronica where are you coming from?" The baritone voice of my father boomed as I entered the sitting room. He was seated on the love seat. My eyes went up straight to the wall clock and it was 5:00pm. School dismissed at 3:00pm,so I was 2 hours late.

"I was tutoring Adaora,you know her,that rich girl,she asked me to teach her some things" I lied. At Adaora's house,after eating her food, I watched television,then gossipied teachers and then spent time by taking snacks,I even forgot where I dropped my bag.

"So you have turned to her lesson teacher? You cannot come back to your house first?"  He asked and I kept mute.

"What if you had being kidnapped?"