Chapter 10

" Veronica do we really need to go to the gym"Adaora whined as she got into her track suit

"Yup,can't you see you are looking different" I told her and indeed she was,we were on holiday and I made sure she hits the gym everyday and damn the hard work was paying off because she was looking good,I also made her control her eating habits,less junks and more healthy food because we were what we eat.

And yeah at the end of last term,I came first place and then I brought a bucket for Peter.

"Make sure you fill this bucket to the brim with your tears and keep it for next term because I'm going to beat you again" I told him before giving him my wicked smile.

"Veronica you should go that dinner your dad invited you to" Adaora said and I groaned,my dad had invited me to dinner, actually he wanted it to be a party but I declined,I wasn't ready to dance to All for me by John Legend or Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. Well he invited me to just dinner and I was yet to give him an answer.

"I'll think about it"I told her.

"Hell no, you are not thinking about nothing, you are going, Chisom has already bought a dress  for you,so be ready to go" She replied and I face palmed myself.

At 6:00PM,I started getting prepared for the dinner, Chisom did my makeup and occasionally she would threaten to slap me if I opened my eyes or mouth.

The dress was was wow,I looked different and so ..I couldn't describe the girl in the mirror.

"Thanks sis" I hugged Chisom,she held me tightly,no words were spoken but we understood ourselves,whether I was the daughter of Bill Gates, she was still my sister.

The car pulled up front of my house,it was a Rollyce roll.

I was welcomed into the duplex,no it was an architectural wonder,the house was so magnificent. The walls was sea green and it created an illusion that made me think I was close to a sea. Brown sofas with gold touches,the sitting room was well lit up and designed classical British style,let me not get started at the electronics.

The dinning room had an African theme because the chairs were sown with Ankara,there were several African artifacts around,this was beyond my imagination.

Mrs Dozie Ani came in, followed by Amanda and a tall boy that looked like Mr Dozie, calling him my dad was really weird.

"Am so glad you could make it"He beamed at me.His wife wouldn't stop looking at my dress like I picked it up from the gutter,for once in my life I felt inferior.

The tall boy behaved like I wasn't in the room,just non chalant about the whole thing

Amanda kept glaring at me but I ignored her,I was already hating this dinner.

When we sat down to eat,I was amazed at the assorted food on the table,they were all tempting and I wished I could pack them all inside my bag like I did when I went for weddings or parties.

"Is there a problem Veronica?"My dad asked

"No but I'm just wondering if there are more people coming?"I asked

"No,why do you ask?"he inquired

"Its just that the food is kinda too much"I told him and he chuckled a bit.

"Table manners please"Mrs Dozie said in her prim voice.

I took very little but Mr Dozie heaped more.

"Don't finish our food"Amanda spoke to me rolling her eyes. I was seated close to her.

"The food is meant to be eaten,if you have a problem with that,go and hug the nearest transformer"I told her and rolled my eyes back at her.

"Poor girl"She muttered and I smiled

"Have you forgotten that my dad is the richest man in the country?" I asked her

"His not your father,his my dad and I can't share, you are a scammer,you are not his child" She screamed.

"Amanda what is your problem?"Mr Dozie asked his crazy daughter.

"My problem is this girl"She said pointing at me

"My name is Veronica actually" I felt like laughing that moment.

"Darling tell Veronica to leave"Mrs Dozie said. The tall boy looked bored at the whole thing happening.

"She's going nowhere, she's my responsibility and a part of this family"He almost yelled.

"Don't worry sir,am leaving"

"She's a mistake Dozie and she has no place in your inheritance"Mrs Dozie shouted back. Now I know where Amanda got her nasty character from. I turned and faced her.

"Ma,I don't need his inheritance to succeed,bet me ma,I will prove you wrong,ask about me and you'll know I don't bluff" I told her and walked out.

When I got out of the gate, I was held back by someone,I turned around and saw the tall boy

"My name is Yobanna,glad to have you in our house and family."He said,I was so surprised that he could tell me that.

"Thanks bro"

"Wish you weren't my sister tho,you look hot,but no problem"He had a teasing smile

This boy was definitely mad.

"Bye Yobanna"I told him and walked away

From that day I rejected every gift from my dad.

****

This book has just 1 or 2 chapters to go and I would really like to know your opinions about this book so far.

Your review would be posted too.
Also I do not like the low votes and reads,I blame myself for not updating fast but i have so many things to attend to. But you would do me a favour by spreading words about this book.

I really want to get your opinions 😭😭

Send me a dm on WhatsApp or Wattpad