Chapter 14

"Yoongi take this water bottle you look tired," Yoonji said as she unscrewed the cap and handed her brother the water bottle. "You need to drink something."

Yoongi was panting loudly. He was exhausted from staying up all night and on top of that, practicing for hours in the practice room. "Thank you." He said in between taking breaths. He grabbed the water bottle and chugged all of the water down.

"Damn Yoongi slow down," Namjoon teased him. He slapped Yoongi on his back causing him to choke on his water that he hasn't swallowed yet. "Oh man I'm sorry Yoongi." Namjoon said. He started patting his back trying to help him breathe.

Yoongi swallowed his water and glared at Namjoon. "Way to try to kill me hyung." He said. He walked towards the speakers and paused the music. Since he paused the music he stopped Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook from practicing more.

"Hyung!" Jungkook whined. "We were still practicing!"

Yoongi laughed. "Break time now."

Jungkook groaned loudly and took a seat on the floor next to Hoseok and Jin. "You see how he does us." Jungkook whispered to them.

Yoonji heard Jungkook and let out a small giggle. "You're funny Jungkook." She said as she sat down across from Jungkook, Hoseok, and Jin. Jimin sat down next to her followed by Yoongi and Namjoon. They were all sitting down on the floor, taking a small break.

"At least someone thinks I'm funny." Jungkook said. 

The room fell silent after Jungkook spoke. It was still awkward between them because of the past events that happened that week. No one knew if it was right to speak up about it and talk about what happened or if it was right to just let it go like nothing happened. Either way it was still something that was trapped in everyones mind. 

"I'm sorry guys," Yoonji said softly. She held her head down low as if she was ashamed for whatever she thinks she had done wrong. "For everything."

"What are you apologizing for Yoonji? None of what's happened was your fault." Taehyung said. It's true, none of it is intentionally her fault.

"Yoonji why do you think its your fault?" Yoongi asked. He turned towards his sister and stared at her with concerning eyes. 

Yoonji was trying hard to choke back her tears. "Because if I didn't come to Seoul with eomma and appa then I would've never seen you. I wouldn't have wanted to stay with you and Jaemin wouldn't have came back into our lives again." By this time Yoonji was crying.

Yoongi quickly made his way over to his sister and pulled her into a hug. "Don't cry Yoonji," He said in her ear. "None of this is your fault. You know eomma and appa are sick. You know they're not in their right mind."

"Not in their right mind?" Jimin asked. "What do you mean hyung?"

Yoongi let go of Yoonji and faced his members. He sighed. "Theres a lot of things you guys don't know about my family."

"Tell us Yoongi." Hoseok said. 

Yoongi sighed again. There were a lot of things he didn't want his members to know so soon. One was having a twin sister and two was his parents. They were sick, not in their right mind. The government didn't care about them so they still let their parents have custody of them.

"They have bad memory and more stuff but the memory part effects them the most. Our mom was diagnosed with dementia in her 40s but developed it in her 30s. I know it sounds crazy but its not impossible, its just uncommon. When they found out about it, it already took a huge toll on her and she was forgetting common everyday things. Our mom is in her late 40s now but during that time it was really rough. Our father had a tumor in his brain that effected his memory significantly too. It sucks that something like that could happen to both of our parents. He was in his 30s when he developed the brain tumor. It was mild for my dad but it still effected a lot of his memories. The government still allowed us to live with our parents even when cps was called. They didn't care about us so I had to take on that role as the parent for Yoonji. That's why when I had the chance to leave I took it and came here." Yoongi said. He looked around the room at everyone that was listening to is story. He never really shared this with anyone since he was always with Yoonji or by himself. He didn't have friends so he didn't get to experience that child like child hood like everyone else.

"Even though I'm older, he took on more responsibilities than I did and I wish I took more. I shouldn't have put him through that but during our teen years I was going through something so traumatic." Yoonji said. She looked at everyone too. They all were looking back at her as she was talking.

"Are you talking about the situation with Jaemin?" Jin asked what everyone was thinking.

Yoonji nodded her head. "I was in love with Jaemin." She smiled at the happy thoughts of Jaemin. "He was my first for everything. I thought we was going to be together forever until things got bad. He began becoming abusive, controlling and manipulative. When our parents was diagnosed with that stuff I was a wreck. The only person I could talk to was Jaemin since I was always with him. Yoongi would either be at work or trying to catch up on his sleep if he wasn't with me. Anyways I had Jaemin even though he abused me. At some point in my life I had to talk to someone about what Jaemin was doing to me so I turned to his brother. I confined in him every time I got the chance then I started to like him. He was nicer than Jaemin and seemed to treat me better. One night I was talking to Taemin about my pregnancy when Jaemin came through the door and started flipping out. He punched Taemin in the face a-and." Yoonji began to stutter. Just talking about this memories made her cry.

"It's okay Yoonji. He won't hurt you again." Jimin said as he held onto her.

Yoonji smiled at him and nodded her head. "He grabbed me by my hair and pushed me off of the couch. He slapped me across the face and picked me up by my hair. He accused me of cheating and slapped me again. He kneed me in the stomach multiple times. He left bruises on my face and arms, even my legs had a couple of bruises. I looked over at Taemin for help but he was knocked out cold. I managed to fight back as much as I could and I was able to get away. I called the cops myself and called for an ambulance. As soon as I got to the hospital they told me I lost the baby and on top of that the cops informed me that Jaemin was put into custody, but they put the wrong guy in custody and I had no idea. So now Taemin's sitting in jail for something he didn't do and it kills me everyday just thinking about it. I tried to say something to the police but they sent me away. They didn't listen to me and they didn't care the they got the wrong guy. As long as someone was arrested for the abuse they didn't care."

Namjoon looked down at the ground. "I had no idea you guys were going through so much."

"Nobody does," Yoongi said. "We hide our pain from everyone."

"You hide it well." Jungkook chimed in.

"I'm sorry you guys had to go through all that." Hoseok said.

Jimin looked at Yoongi. "Don't worry hyung things will get better with your parents." Then Jimin looked at Yoonji. "Don't worry Yoonji ill protect you from any and everybody." He gave her a weak smile then pulled her into a hug.

Yoonji was caught off guard by Jimin giving her a hug. She felt uncomfortable at first but eventually gave in and hugged him back. She smiled at how warm he felt. She smiled at how safe she felt.

____________________________________________________________________________

(A/N)

hi, im back sorry for the long hiatus. promise to update often with books I barely update lol I updated my other books all the time then I get to some books and im just like "ehh maybe tomorrow"

anyways enjoy this, it gets into a little more of the twins' background.