OH LOOKY HERE WHAT'S THIS Pt 2

They walked out to the front steps of the building. The sun was blindingly bright, so Ally shielded her face with one of her hands, hugging her pile of books and papers close to her with the other arm. She looked up at Adrien, whose eyes sparkled even more in the sunlight. "Are you sure that they'd like to meet me?" Her anxiety had been hitting her with that question nonstop since the second she took Adrien's offer.

"Of course they would, Ally," Adrien responded. "Don't worry, they're all really nice people. You don't need to worry about not fitting in here. Hey, guys!"

"Yo, what's up Adrien? Who's this?" A brown-skinned boy wearing a red cap looked her up and down, smiling. "New girl?"

"Yeah," Adrien responded. "Guys, this is Ally. Ally, this is Nino, Alya, and-"

"Marinette!" Ally exclaimed in surprise. "I didn't know that you were friends with Adrien."

"Oh- um, yeah! We're friends. I, uh, I see you met Adrien, too!" She smiled and giggled nervously. Ally wondered what was going on, but responded without questioning Marinette's antics.

"Yeah, I did. He invited me to hang out with you guys after I had a run-in with this girl... I think her name was Chloe?"

"Ooh, that one's a bit sour," said Alya, the reddish-brown haired girl. She had black glasses and wore a plaid t-shirt. "She didn't give you too much trouble, did she?"

Ally shook her head. "No, she's just the normal mean girl. It'll take a lot more than a couple of insults to hurt me." She tucked her hair out of her face again since shaking her head had displaced it. 

Alya smiled. "Good. So, you're the new girl. Where are you from?"

"The United States," replied Ally. "California."

"Cool. Well, if she gives you any more trouble, feel free to come to us. We'd love to help out in any way we can."

Nino raised his eyebrows. "We would?" Alya scowled and elbowed him. "I mean, we WOULD!" He smiled sheepishly. Ally snickered. 

"Thanks," she said. "I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure I'll need any help, but I appreciate the offer." 

"No problem. We've got your back."

The cool breeze gently caressed her face as the last bright rays of sunlight disappeared. The roof tiles felt rough under her hands. Ally sat cross-legged on the roof, staring off into the sky. It faded from light blue to yellow, then pink and red to purple in a matter of minutes. The first few stars had already shown themselves when she decided that it was time for her to go in. She got up and brushed her hands off. She turned around to find a dark figure standing right in front of her.

Startled, she fell backward and screamed. "AUGH!!" She knew that this would be her last moment. Soon she'd be nothing more than a splatter on the sidewalk! Well, okay, that was overexaggerating just a little bit. She'd probably still maintain the shape of a human being, but she would be so very, very dead. Her heart pumped faster than ever before, determined to get in a lifetime's worth of beats before it was all over. 

It was then that she noticed that she wasn't falling. The same someone that had scared the living daylights out of her had caught her before she could fall too far. "Careful, kitten," purred a smug voice. "Don't want to fall off of the roof, now, do we?" She opened her eyes that she hadn't even realized she'd shut to see a black-masked face with bright green eyes. 

CHAT NOIR?!  "Um... no, not really," she replied quietly. He backed up from the edge of the roof and set her on her feet. "You're Chat Noir."

"Why yes, I do believe I am. What an astute observation. Feel free to call me Superkitty, though." He flexed his arms. She laughed. "What, you think that's funny, kitten? I'm being completely serious right now." He tried to keep a straight face but failed quickly. He couldn't help but crack a smile. She then frantically tried not to stare at his smile. Instead, she focused on his hands. 

She grabbed one of his hands and held it up close to her eyes for inspection. "So, like, are these actual nails underneath the fabric, or is it a part of the costume?" 

 Chat looked disgusted. "They're part of the costume. Imagine actually having nails this long! That's just not natural."

"Well... there are actually some people who grow their nails out longer- though I suppose that most of them are girls," Ally replied. Chat shuddered at the thought of having nails that long. "So, what exactly are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the exact same question, kitten."

"I'll tell you once you tell me."

"Okay. I was out on patrol. Nothing very exciting. Your turn."

"I like to spend time out in the cool night air. Nothing very exciting either. Say, since you're out on patrol, does that mean that Ladybug is, too? Can I meet her?" She realized how close she'd inched toward Chat while asking about Ladybug and scooted back a bit. Her cheeks suddenly felt very warm, and her eyes darted around. "Sorry, I mean... can I?"

Chat chuckled. "No, she's not out tonight. Kitten, how would you like a tour of Paris tomorrow night?"

Ally's heart pumped faster. Yes yes yes YES A MILLION TIMES YES! Alright, now keep it cool. "Sounds like fun."

"It's a date, then," Chat concluded, grinning. "See you tomorrow night. By the way, I love your hair." With that, he waved and jumped away. 

"THANKS," Ally called after him. She climbed down from the roof and back into her room through the window and walked over to the mirror. She looked in it and ran her fingers through her hair. No one had ever complimented it before.