Ch. 3: Visiting Hours

A week passed since Ray, and his friends brought the woman to the hospital. They could not visit her due to her needing to rest, and only family members were allowed to see her in that time frame.

The day that the Ghostbusters were able to visit, only Ray Stantz could. The others had plans after the four of them finished a job. He dropped them off at their destinations.

Ray was still in uniform, not caring to get out of it even if he had civilian wear underneath it.

As he walked up to the visitors' desk, many women, including the nurses and doctors, looked at him in awe. They either drooled over him or whispered to one another about him; in a good way, Ray guessed, hinting at the way they were looking at him.

Many women went up to him to talk or get an autograph. He was nice enough to sign some, but he really wanted to see how the woman he rescued was doing.

Ray finally got loose from the pack of fans as he walked into an elevator and pushed the number three button. But when he stepped out onto that floor, he was bombarded yet again with fans. Nevertheless, he only smiled nicely this time and kept walking to his destination.

Ray made it to her room without incident and opened the door ajar before knocking lightly to tell her he was there.

She did not hear the low knock, dispersed while gazing out the window. The only time she then realized Ray was there was when he cleared his throat.

When she turned to see who it was, she smiled then, knowing who he was. "You must be the one I was told saved my life?"

Ray smiled back, "yep, that was me." He saw two white bandages on her forehead and left cheek, then saw her right ankle, and his smile fell. Her ankle was in a cast, and he realized why.

He did that to her.

"I'm sorry about your ankle," his voice was soft with the presence of guilt. "But it was the only thing I was able to grab hold of to save your life."

She waved the explanation off. "Don't worry about it. I don't blame you any. I blame that damn ghost. I mean, if it weren't for you and your friends, I probably wouldn't be here today. I think you for saving me." She smiled at him once again.

He grinned.

"You can come closer unless you're in a hurry, and that's why you're hangin' by the door."

"What?" Ray still had not moved away from the door, though it was closed behind him. "Oh! No, I don't have anywhere to go after this." He walked toward her. "It's just you're the very first person who was sent to a hospital under our care. And I wanted to see how you were doing."

As he got closer, he got a better look at her; her dirty-blond hair was straight, she had an oval-shaped head, her lips seemed to be just right, not too thin and not too big, her eyes, though, were a rarity, for her left eye was green, and her right eye was blue. Her voice was evenly beautiful.

He was mesmerized by her.

She gave him another smile. "That's sweet of you."

"You wouldn't mind if I got your name, would you? The nurses seemed to have forgotten to tell me."

She snickered at that, knowing why they would have forgotten to tell him what he needed to know. She put out her right hand and introduced herself, "Victoria Trisity."

Ray shook her hand, but before Victoria let go of his hand, she asked, "What about you? Do you have a first name, or would you prefer being called, Stantz?"

He laughed a little at that, then answered, "Raymond, but everyone calls me Ray."

"Well then, it's nice to meet you, Ray."