T H I R T E E N

Faith-

I woke up with a sweat, looking to my clock i sighed as it only hit seven am. I laid still for a while before slipping on my glasses. I made my way downstairs to prepare a breakfast, knowing they'd be hungover.

Around eight i had finished making pancakes, bacon and eggs and waffles, i set everything onto the table before brewing the coffee.

"Good morning, Fay" I turned around seeing Luke taking a seat at the table, i smiled and said good morning to wash of the guys as the walked in. "Is dad still asleep?" i asked, pouring them a cup of coffee, they shrugged before digging into their food.

"Hey happy birthday, my baby." I felt dad pressing a kiss to my forehead as he wrapped his arms around me. I bit my lip, nodding as he sat down at the table as they all started to sing it to me.

Shaking my head i spoke up before they could sing anymore. "My birthday was yesterday" I sighed, fixing my glasses before scanning their faces as they dropped.

"oh fay- i'm so" I shook my head before anyone could apologise.

"no, dad it's fine. Don't, really- it doesn't matter" i mumbled and grabbed a bottle of water for myself, not having much of an appetite anymore.

"Faith, let me apologise, please" I set the plate of fruit down, looking to him. "I don't care about your apology! just leave it!" I snapped, grabbing my water bottle I ran upstairs to get away, climbing onto the roof for some peace and quiet, only to think about the hurtful words he had said to me last night.

Calum.

How did i manage to forget my own daughter's birthday? Who does that, what kind of father did that make me, obviously a bad one.

I looked to the boys, running my fingers through my hair. "How do we forget something like that?" Luke asked letting out a sigh.

"What are we going to do?" Michael asked, setting his utensils down, running his hands over his face.

"Maybe we could take her to dinner? or what about a surprise party?" Ashton suggested before taking a mouthful of bacon.

We threw out ideas and gave more suggestions but no one knew how to make it up to her. I let out a groan as i heard my pager going off, what now? i thought to myself. Seeing it as a 911 call i jumped to my feet, changing into my scrubs as fast as i could, i was stopped by Faith.

"Work again, really?" My eyes soften as i looked at her, I could tell she had been crying, "yeah- i'm sorry baby. I got paged 911- it's urgent, i'll be home tonight" She nodded and stepped out of my way, throwing her hands up, mumbling something under her breath.

As i ran inside my heart stopped as i saw Melody bleeding from her wrists, Michael stood beside me as i let out a breath of air.

"30 year old female, Melody Cain, attempted suicide, lacerations to both wrists, we detained her in the field, we gave 800ml of O neg blood, she lost quite a lot of blood, handcuffs are to be on when she's awake and sleeping" I nodded before both Michael, some nurses and I got to work.

After an hour of her coding and brining her back, we finally got her stable, giving her a permanent room and a sedative, we let her sleep.  Around one, the boys and Faith came to the hospital.

"She's wondered off on her own, Ash and i were too scared to tell her about this, we thought it would've been best for her to hear it from you" Luke explained as he took a look at her.

"Also Calum, she's been crying and she won't say why, we tried to comfort her but she really doesn't want any attention or comfort, which i weird because we all know that's not her" I said a quick thank you, going off to find faith.

Faith.

I didn't know why i was crying, I hated it. i hated feeling weak and vulnerable. I had locked myself in my room after dad left with Mikey.

The ride to the hospital was annoying, Luke had tried to comfort me, i didn't want anything from anyone anymore, I had managed this long.

Walking around the peds floor i smiled at the babies, only wishing i could be that age when my parents loved each other, when did everything turn so bad and miserable?

"Faith, baby i know you don't want to talk to me but i have something important to tell you" I turned around to find my dad worn out and stressed.

"I don't want you freaking out, and i'm here if you need me m'kay? but your mom was admitted, an hour ago- she tried taking her own life" I furrowed my eyebrows, shaking my head.

"no- no dad you've got this wrong, she wouldn't do something like that!" I blinked away my tears, i was so sick of crying today. 

I stood back as he went to hug me. "don't- just don't. just take me to her okay?"I mumbled, following him to her room, seeing her for the first time since I put her to jail.

She didn't look like my mom anymore, she was skinny, her skin was more pale and her hair was all cut off to her shoulders, faint bruises lingered on her skin. Hesitate i grabbed her hand softly, looking at the bandages on her wrist.

I sat with her as she slept, everyone left for rounds leaving me with her. My eyes flicked to her hand as i felt it move, seeing her waking up i took in a sharp breath.

"Hi mom..." I whispered, watching as she scanned the room. "you!" she yelled, her face becoming visibly angry, "this is all your fault! what kind of daughter puts their own mother in jail!" I swallowed thickly, taking a step back.

"i'm sorry mom! please understand that i'm so so sorry!" i cried, watching as she tried to get out of her handcuffs. "You're a disgrace Faith, how can you live with yourself! you did this to me!" I slowly moved backwards nodding, Even thought mom and dad weren't together anymore, they still agreed on something.

Running outside I pushed past the boys, only to be grabbed by Mikey. "let me go!" i yelled, pushing his hands off me, getting out of his grip. "stop touching me" i sobbed, slipping out of his grip running to wherever my legs took me.

_
not edited