chapter 1: land of the apocalypse

You go through a portal and enter some kind of shelter, but its unlike anything that exists in the world you know of.
You wonder through the halls of the seeming abandoned facility. Everything is incredibly quiet until you come across a locked door. You open it and see a panel on the right next to a bunch of cryo-pods. You see one open and you go over to the guy lifeless and frosted over.

Y/n: odd...he has a bullet wound...and he died from the wound not from failed cryogenics...

You go ahead and take his ring off because that's not a morally bad thing right?
You head back and look at the door you came through, there was no way to open it from this side.
You go straight through the place wondering around seeing nothing but the old decaying corpses of roaches the size of cats.

Y/n: gross

You come across a computer and a box that looks like it used to be locked. After examining it you realize that the lock was rigged so that no key of any shape could be used.

Y/n: this lock was picked open...but what was taken?

You read some notes on a "cryolator". It looks like some kind of ice thrower, very dangerous.

You go to the desk and see a drawer but its locked tight, and it has a warning that poison is inside. You open it anyway using a crowbar and as it advertises some kind of poison comes out, for most people it would be a problem. But you are not most people, you grab what appears to be a computer that straps to your arm.

Y/n: so its fallout then? I can work with that

You put it on and it updates displaying the following stats.

Name: y/n

Strength: 6

Perception: 5

Endurance: ??

Charisma: 8

Intelligence: 5

Agility: 4

Luck: 4

HP: ??

You are immune to radiation.
You are immune to poison.
You are immune to chems.
You are immune to alcohol.
You are immune to damage....wait what??
You are immune to starvation.
You are immune to dehydration.
.....what are you??....

Y/n: annoyed that's what

You flip over and see the perks.
You see variable things that I guess are stuff it teaches you.

Y/n: how do you even learn this crap anyway???

You kick the drawer and a cassette tape pops up, you decide to play it and a voice recording plays.

Scientist: this pip boy perk system is truly a remarkable piece of technology! Whenever a person has even life experiences the pip boy will automatically allow the user to augment part of their natural abilities. And augment them further by either re-writing their genes or just straight up implanting the knowledge for a "perk" of their choosing. Unfortunately I can't get many life experiences cooped up in here, and these pip boys are almost entirely analog making it impossible to hack them.
Well, it's great for people who get out sure, but I don't have much use for it. I guess I'll seal it away in the desk.

It ends and you keep walking.

Y/n: I wish they actually had that in the original game, but we all know Bethesda uses the fans to patch their games and fill the gaps. Lile that uncle who says he needs help, which by help he means do the stuff I don't feel like doing.