"Chapter 2"

Chapter 2 - Low Self-Esteem And Cafe Dates With Friends

Asui stared at herself in the mirror.

"She looks so weird!" and "She's kinda ugly..." echoed in her mind. She shook her head, as if to clear her head from these thoughts. Asui pulled on an oversized, black, hoodie and loose jeans, to hide her 'too fat' or 'too slim' body, depends on who you ask. She put the hood over her head, to hide the disgusting color of dark green hair. Green was always her least favorite color. She grabbed a change clothing, for when she was going to meet up with her friends. They would definitely ask questions, if Asui showed up wearing what she was wearing now, but it was the only thing she felt comfortable in. Asui left her house, remembering her keys and phone. She searched the address in her phone and drove to where her photoshoot was going to be held in. Like Todoroki, she wasn't only an Instagram model, who took fun photos with her friends, she was a full-time model who often showed up on magazines or on the news. Her manager liked to overwork her a lot, not helping her low confidence. When Asui got to the big studio, she was forced into a light green floral dress, which fit her figure perfectly, much to Asui's despair. Her hair dresser had only combed her hair and put it in the bow at the bottom. She always had her hair tied into a bow all throughout high school, which was when her modeling career started and she became extremely popular, making the bow in the hair her trademark. Now her makeup artist was working on her face.

"You look great today, Asui-san." Her makeup artist smiled cheerfully, reminding Asui of Uraraka. Asui knew her makeup artist wanted her to feel better about herself, but it was hard, because of all the negative thoughts said out loud about her in middle school and the start of high school.

"Thank you." She muttered nonetheless, appreciating the effort. Her makeup artist just smiled wider. During the photoshoot, Asui felt more and more insecure in the dress, knowing that millions upon millions would see her, judge her. After the 2 and a half hours, Asui changed into a cute outfit. She felt uncomfortable in it, but it would do. It was the most covering outfit she could wear, without her friends giving her questioning glances. Asui left with a quick "Bye." to the staff and drove to the cafe the Emosquad and Uraraka was at.

 The cafe was pink and white on the outside, 'Starlight Cafe' written on it in a cute font. She entered and was immediately met with the sweet scent of pastries. Asui looked around, searching for her friends. When she noticed them, she walked over calmly, keeping her unreadable expression on, like always. Asui observed how they reacted to her and was relieved that they didn't notice the anxiety bubbling underneath her stoic expression. She also noticed Uraraka almost jumping out of her seat and tackling Asui to the ground, but instead going for a calm sprint over to Asui and hugging her tightly. Asui felt her heart beating in her chest, thinking Uraraka could probably hear it. Her cheeks were burning and they were a pink color. Jirou gave her a knowing smirk, which she responded with a small glare.

"Tsu-chan, you look amazing!" Uraraka gushed, making Asui's cheeks turn redder.

"You do too." Asui spoke, trying not to stumble on words.

"Time to order!" Jirou unnecessarily yelled for Asui and Uraraka to sit down. Uraraka quickly mumbled an "Of course!" and let go of Asui. Asui missed the warmth of Uraraka's arms around her small waist, but she didn't let it show. Asui sat sown next to Sero and Uraraka.

(In case you're confused, they're sitting around a circular table. Order: Tokoyami, Shinsou, Bakugou, Jirou,  Todoroki, Sero, Asui, Uraraka)

"Who's turn to pay?" Jirou asked, the Emosquad (excluding Jirou), Asui and Uraraka all pointed at her. Jirou sighed and left to go order, already knowing what everyone wants.

"Who're going to be at Deku's and Shouto's wedding?" Uraraka asked with enthusiasm, but the Emosquad and Asui knew it was fake.

"All of them." Todoroki answered, the Emosquad and Asui nodding, confirming what Todoroki had said.