Chapter 20 - I've Waited So Long.

A/N - Drum roll, please...
Yes, as the title implies, this chapter is NOT the cleanest! I know you clown fuckers have been waiting for this, and I'm sorry so spoil it! But I know others are strictly here for plot. This chapter is much longer than the previous ones, so buckle in, make sure you're comfy. The NSFW stuff is brief and light- BUT, it's still there. You've been warned!

You pushed Arthur's door open, the both of you rushing in for warmth. You were shivering, but not as badly as Arthur was. You led him to his couch, seating him down and taking off your coat.

"Here, take this off," you directed, pulling his jacket down from his arms.

Arthur nodded, not offering any protest. He watched you as you made your way about the apartment, all the while wondering why you had helped him so much. He smiled, shaking his head. He felt stupid thinking it, but he wouldn't mind some... practice right now.

You came out from the bathroom with a towel in hand, unfolding it as you approached him.

"Tilt your head down for me."

Arthur followed your instructions, smiling as he felt the towel fall on to his head. You shook it about, trying to make sure his head was completely dry. You didn't want him to catch a cold.

"I think that should be good," you muttered.
"You should dry yours too. I can help."

You grinned at his suggestion, sitting down beside him as he carefully set the towel on your head. As he began shimmying the towel against your hair, you wondered what must've been going through his mind right now. Learning your mother wasn't actually your mother wasn't exactly small news. He wasn't doing great earlier at all, sobbing and laughing. He was probably mentally and physically exhausted by now. You couldn't blame him. You had no idea how you would take that kind of information.

Arthur set the towel down around your shoulders, noticing how pink your nose and cheeks were. You looked adorable. His hands remained on the ends of the towel. He wondered how you would react if he pulled you in for a kiss. His fingers lingered there as he considered the possibility. But it didn't seem very appropriate for the time. He placed his hands back down on his lap to stop himself from doing anything stupid.

"How do you feel, bud?"

Arthur raised his shoulders, tightening his lips.

"I don't know. I felt really bad when you came to get me, but... I don't know. Right now, I'm okay. It's weird, I thought I would care more."

"I think you're just tired," you sighed, getting up. "Are you hungry? Do you have anything I can heat up for you?"

Arthur shook his head in embarrassment. "No... not really. I'm sorry. Are you hungry? I can go out and get something if you want."

You waved your hands at him. "No way, its freezing out there. There's no chance I'd let you back out in this weather."

Arthur took a deep breath as he stood up, wincing. You hated seeing him like this. It was like every time he healed from an injury, a new one would come. Why couldn't people just leave him alone?

"Do you need something? I'll get it for you, you need to rest." You walked towards him, urging him to sit back down.

Arthur chuckled, pushing your hands down. "Hey, I'm an adult, remember? I can still take care of things."

You huffed, crossing your arms. "I know, I know. It's just... I want to help."

"I know you do. But it's okay, you need to relax just as much as I do." He walked to his television and turned it on, scratching his chin as he stood quietly in the center of the room. Was there anything he could offer you?