Chapter 4

Fluttering my eyes open, the white ceiling was the first thing I noticed

Fluttering my eyes open, the white ceiling was the first thing I noticed. My heart skipped a beat. I blinked several times, hoping the ceiling to somehow fade into the colour of that in my apartment—a light greyish.

James's disgusting grin flashed before my eyes and I squealed, covering my face with the blanket and throwing my legs on the bed.

"You did not," I said to myself.

"You didn't," a male voice answered.

I peered out of the blanket and my eyes paused on a pair of turquoise blue eyes standing near the doorframe of the room. I pulled myself upright on the bed, my cheeks heating.

This man was definitely a treat for my sore eyes with a long face, pointed nose, a sharp jawline and a perfect V waist stressed by his tight t-shirt. The fringes of his dark-brown hair were dyed light-brown at the front. I felt a flush of relief overcome me.

"And I am your handsome saviour. Your knight in shining armour."

"It's irritating how guys find those words so satisfying to utter."

"Because girls love it."

"Oh, trust me. We don't," I said with a snigger. "Neither do we prefer men like James, who think they can just swoon in and kidnap a girl."

"It was pretty clear from the blow you landed on his job."

"Blow on his job?" My brows rose. "Was that supposed to be funny?"

He shrugged. "A little?" An aura of arrogance cocooned him. He certainly had his reasons for that.

"Where am I?" I kneaded my eyes. My eyes widened with one look at my clothes. A white shirt had replaced the black mini dress I wore to the club. At least my bra and panties were still untouched. "Where are my clothes?"

"Don't you remember?"

"Do I look like I do?"

"You had a rough night. Your clothes smelt of vomit and you deliberately took your dress off halfway to this room. So I had to be a gentleman and cover you up with that," he said. "I'm Eros, by the way. Just thought you should know, since you're in my house."

"We didn't," I tried to contain the awkwardness in my voice, "do anything, right?"

"As much as I love to be with women as beautiful as you, I'm not really into drunken women who swear in their sleep. Especially not those who puke on me."

My eyes widened in shock, more in shame. "I puked on you?"

As soon as he bobbed his head, I burst out laughing with a loud snort. Not at him, but at me. What an embarrassing sight it must've been.

His eyes drifted to the porcelain blue dress with floral print designs lying on the edge of the bed and he added, "I brought you something to wear from my sister's wardrobe. You two seem the same size."