Chapter 29: Transformations

"... I'm entirely against this. You'd better not replace my personality." Piccolo said after a short silence.
"Your will shall remain entirely your own. You could always just leave, you know. See how well you fare against Frieza as you are now, Son of Katas."
"... Fine. Alright. But I'd better not regret this." Piccolo knelt down and put his hand on the other namekian's chest. Despite not having heard of assimilation in this lifetime, both Kami and his former self/father had been quite knowledgeable on the topic.
"I do this for the sake of the universe... and for you, the last Warrior Namek." The namekian grinned and let his head rest as he began to glow with a blue light.
"Defeat him... Son of Katas. Save the universe... Piccolo." The unnamed Namekian said with his final breath as he was enveloped by the light, and then disappeared.

Piccolo stood in silence as he gathered himself. 'Who am I? My name is... Nail? Piccolo? Kami? Katas? Oh King Kai... this is... so much. So many memories. I've been... fighting for so long. I've been alive for so long. No. Just a few years. I need to regain my sense of self... Goku! Yes! That's right.. he defeated me... And even if he hadn't, what the hell were my odds against his father? Back then he was the strongest thing on earth and it wasn't even close. It was a miracle I- no, my former self- was able to accomplish as much as I/he did with him around. But that's in the past now. Vegeta was stronger. Goku too. And now...'

The last warrior Namekian opened his eyes and looked down at his hands.
"Wow... Unreal... my King Kai, this is amazing! I feel INCREDIBLE! YES YES YES YES I CAN WIN I FEEL GREAT I CAN DO THIS! YES! I'm home! I'm alive! This is all a miracle! I'm awake! I'm wide awake! HAHAHAHHAHA!" Piccolo screamed to the empty plains around him as he took flight faster than ever before, cackling like a madman.

Meanwhile, with the warriors who dare to invoke the wrath of Lord Frieza:

"This... this is ridiculous..." Krillin sighed as he involuntarily took a step back.
"This power is... almost literally incomprehensible." Gohan gasped as he did the same.
"So... that's why you didn't beat him." Vegeta said, deeply regretting goading Frieza into this.
"Beat him? This is why we didn't fight him." Bardock grunted as he took a single step forward.
"How apt of you! Even back then you were always one of the smarter monkeys!" Frieza laughed loudly. Bardock furled his brow at his comment.
'Back then? He can't mean...'
"Dammit all... just you wait- with the four of us, I know we can kill Frieza!" Vegeta steeled himself with a clenched fist.
"What's this? I never took you to be a 'power of friendship' kind of Prince, Vegeta." Frieza laughed as he watched the battlefield like a hawk.
"The power of friendship? As if! What digs your grave today is the power... of Super Saiyans!" Vegeta barked as Bardock, Gohan, and himself all flexed their powers.
Frieza's eye twitched, a motion that stood out from his calm facade.
"...I'm glad we had this talk. NOW DIE!" Frieza blitzed at Vegeta, who was able to narrowly catch his fist before it drove itself through his throat. As Vegeta did that, Bardock slammed himself into Frieza's now exposed back with every once of power he had. Frieza flipped away from the saiyan onslaught. His armor was now cracked and his scouter destroyed.
"Damn you monkeys! I suppose it wasn't all talk after all!" Frieza spat.
"Stop holding back, Frieza." Bardock grunted, knowing that the power he was using now wasn't even close to what he showed all those years ago.
"Both Zarbon and Bardock mentioned something to the effect of you being stronger than you pretend to be." Vegeta chuckled.
"My my. I knew Zarbon had loose lips, but how did you know, Bardock?" Frieza's blood red eyes stared directly into Bardock's soul.
That was the first time Bardock had been addressed by name from Frieza. He had been under the impression that Frieza didn't even know his name, much less remembered it for 30 years.
"Not that it matters. If you're truly in such a hurry to die, allow me to shepherd you!" Frieza chuckled as he stretched his arm.
"What do you guys mean?" Krillin asked, lost.
"It's an evolutionary thing. Some change forms to camouflage themselves." Vegeta spit on the ground as he adjusted his gloves.
"Some so they can conserve energy, like Zarbon." Bardock tightened his headband and adjusted his breastplate.
"And others, such as myself, transform because the power they possess is so great they struggle to contain themselves." Frieza gloated.
"He's bluffing... right?" Krillin choked out with some difficulty.
"I don't think so... I've never heard of him needing to transform." Bardock grunted without taking his eyes off the opponent.
"Indeed! When I took control of your stain of a planet and later when I removed it from the star charts, I did both while in this weaker form of mine." Frieza laughed again.
"Ch! Don't go talking so big, bastard! Both Bardock and I are leagues above the saiyans of yore." Vegeta held his head high.
Frieza didn't respond, simply flexing his chest so that his battle armor blew away.
"What- is that it? The great Frieza stripped naked?" Vegeta chuckled.
Frieza took a deep breathe before screaming loudly.
"HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" Frieza's howl was accentuated with the ripples of air he sent out, whipping the field into an uproar.
"His ki is swelling!" Gohan yelled out, panicked
"So is his body!" Dende was holding on for dear life.
"I don't think he was bluffing Vegeta!" Bardock braced himself against the wind as he thought through every vision he could remember. Did he ever see Frieza looking different?!
Frieza's body bucked and bent as he slowly became a taller, more muscular version of himself. He was easily half a meter taller(over two feet for the Americans) as he rose to his feet on his new, significantly larger legs.
"Careful now. I won't be as gentle as I was before." Frieza cracked his neck as his deeper voice rang out over the green waters of Namek.

Power levels-

Bardock: 93,000
Goku(Healing): 60,000
Gohan: 95,000
Krillin: 19,400
Bulma: 8
Vegeta: 95,000
Frieza: 530,000
Frieza(2nd Form): 1,060,000
Dende: 30
Piccolo Jr.: ????
Nail: Dead. Rip
Tien: Dead.
Chiaotzu: Dead.
Yamcha: Dead.