5

The next morning Juniper woke up extra early to get her car without having to face Tyler after she had been 'buddy zoned" last night

The next morning Juniper woke up extra early to get her car without having to face Tyler after she had been 'buddy zoned" last night. Grabbing an apple on her way out Juniper speed walked to the Locke mansion.

Unlocking the car she made her way in the car regretting her choice of not putting on gloves. Turning the heat on in the car she made her way to school. When she arrived, she took a pit stop to her locker before heading to the library to finish up her homework.

Classes were a huge bore for her. She spent most of her school day avoiding Tyler like the plague especially lunch. Taking it as far as eating in the bathroom Juniper just could've be in the same room as him today.

🗝🗝🗝

Checking her watch she saw that it was time for her to head to the hockey game. Dropping her books off at her locker she went to the ice rink. After changing her shirt from her vintage Joy Division shirt to her blue student assistant coach on she stood next to coach as the boys played a match.

She winced as she watched as Chad Garland pushed one the players into the wall, he turned and winked at her which she happily replied by flipping him off.

Sitting on the side Tyler watched that whole scene play out. "What was that about" he asked Brinker. "Chad has had a crush on Juniper but she told him 'I don't date douches' then she started laughing sayin 'look that's alliteration'" Brinker told him. Tyler felt a little relief knowing they weren't dating but was scared that Juniper might have developed feelings over Chad he didn't know about.

🗝🗝🗝

At the end of the game the team lost by six, Juniper went and changed back into her clothes then walked out of the changing room only to see Tyler Locke leaning against the wall waiting for her. "Hey" he said standing up straight. "Hey" Juniper replied tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Haven't spoken to you all day" he said awkwardly. Juniper grumbled under her breath. "Need a ride" she asked suddenly. "What?" Tyler asked at this question that came out of nowhere. "Do you want to ride with me in my car" she said slowly. "Yeah, yeah sure let's go" he said.

Juniper let out a little chuckle as she caught up to Tyler hooking her arm through his, and just like that they went back to normal. While they were walking out they were greeted by Mrs Locke and Bode. "Close game" she said to her son.

"We lost by six" he said to his mother "Still good effort" she said. "For what? Cheering from the bench?" He asked his mother, Juniper lightly elbowed him on the side. "It was your first game" she told him softly. "You'll get more time the next time" she said as he put his stuff in his moms trunk before walking up to Juniper.

"Juniper and I are gonna go to Javi's" Tyler said. "We are?" Juniper whispered, it was Tyler's turn to elbow her. "We are" she told Mrs Locke. The two of them made their way to her car.

On their way Juniper saw Kinsey looking really uncomfortable in a conversation with a Chad. "Tyler" she said pointing to Kinsey. When they reached Kinsey, Tyler asked "You okay?" Which Kinsey replied saying she was fine and just wanted to get out of there.

"Who is this? Your boyfriend?" He asked her. "Her brother" Tyler replied. "You need to relax" he told Tyler which caused Juniper to scoff. Chad looked at Juniper up and down "Hey Juniper" if looks could kill he would be twelve foot under from the glare he was receiving from both Tyler and Juniper. "Don't talk to her" Tyler growled.

Walking two steps closer to Tyler he said. "Maybe you should sit this one out. Like you did most of the game" this set Tyler off. "Tyler" Kinsey warned. But that warning went unnoticed, because next thing you know Tyler is on top of the guy punching him.

Helping Kinsey up after Tyler pushed her away, Juniper held the girl as they watched Tyler walk away from the scene.

🗝🗝🗝

Once she had dropped Kinsey at home she went straight to bed smiling at the fact that tomorrow was a Saturday.

🗝🗝🗝

The next day Juniper woke up to her phone buzzing, groaning she looked at it and saw that Kinsey was calling. "Hello" she answered. "Hey sorry to bother you but Tyler and I are planning to go in my head and I... I don't know would feel a little comfortable with you there" Kinsey said through the phone.

"Yeah, sure I'm on my way" she said then hung up. Juniper decided on an orange button up, a dark green sweater with a sunflower in the middle covered it with the collar of the button up only appearing and light green washed out mom jeans.

Heading down the stairs of her house she did her normal morning routine except breakfast and made her way to the Locke house. When she got there she knocked three times before Kinsey opened the door. "Come in" she told her. The went up to her bedroom where Tyler was standing by the door.

"Hey" he greeted "Hey" she said back. The two watched as Kinsey pulled her hair back and stuck the key at the back her neck before she became motionless. The both looked to the side to see Kinsey standing by a revolving door. "Holy shit" Tyler said looking between the two.

Outfit for next chapter