23:00

Libra p.o.v

The first thing Libra noticed was the painful ringing in her ear. Then it was the throbbing in the back of her head. Still with her eyes closed, she tried to remember what had happened. They were in Ophiuchus' mansion. Ophiuchus, Aquarius and Pisces were dead, for all she knew, others could be too. Cancer had been stabbed. They used Cancer as bait to lure the killer (Libra prayed he was alright). They caught someone. Taurus went out the door. Pain. Then nothing.

Libra opened her eyes slowly and raised her head. The room she was in was dark, and the only light available were through the cracks of the closed door. She rubbed the back of her head gingerly, and felt a huge bump had formed. Normally she would have cared about how ugly it looked, but under these circumstances she didn't care. Taking her phone from her pocket, she switched on the torch.

She almost dropped her phone. Capricorn lay face up, staring at nothing. His skin, that was ghostly pale to begin with, looked like bleached paper. Libra didn't know him all that well, but she still felt immense loss. He had had so much potential, anyone could have recognised that.

Libra bit her trembling lip and looked around. There had been signs of a struggle. There smudges of blood on the wooden planks yet Capricorn didn't seem to have been stabbed. Libra also noticed his broken glasses and faint bruises on his neck. Libra frowned. If Capricorn had been strangled, there would have been more visible damage to his throat. The pillow lying next to his feet quickly answered to her suspicions.

An idea suddenly came into her head, making her freeze. The murderer will assume I'm dead... she thought. Meaning I can be almost certain the killer won't actively come looking for me. But if they do find me...they will definitely try to kill me. Libra thought for a few moments more. A small smirk appeared on her lips. The killer will be shocked to see me alive, she concluded in her head, so if I see someone scared or worried when I see them, I'll know who the murderer is! Libra was internally pleased with her plan.

She looked at Capricorn's corpse sadly one last time before slowly making her way towards the door. As quietly as she could, she opened it and peered into the corridor. The only people she could see were Cancer, and surprisingly, Sagittarius, who were both crying in each others arms. Libra raised her eyebrows. There must be something going on between them, she thought suspiciously, they had never even been close. Cancer had hated Aquarius as well.

Libra's suspicions made her creep out of the room soundlessly. Light on her feet, she ran and turned the first corner she went past. Her heart was racing and her breath ragged. Making her breathing even, she looked around the corner: Cancer and Sagittarius hadn't moved. She was about to make a quick dash to the other side where the staircase was, when she heard urgent whispering coming from one of the rooms.

Narrowing her eyes, she tiptoed to the room door, that looked old ad very thin. She stuck her ear to the door and listened. "That's not going to happen." She heard an all too familiar voice say.

"We need to carry on upwards." Another voice said, which Libra recognised as Virgo's.

As much as she wanted to see Aries, Libra was too afraid on what they were planning, so stayed where she was. "But that's the attic." A third person said. A female voice Libra hated so much: Gemini. 

"We might find something useful." Aries said. The sound of his voice made Libra's heart melt, and she hated herself for feeling this way.

Their voices got muffled, and Libra could no longer make out what they were saying. They must have agreed to Virgo's idea, because she heard footsteps echo in an upwards direction. In a two second decision, Libra opened the room door (now she discovered it was a staircase door) and followed them up.