02:00

Taurus p.o.v

The small group just stared at each other, not uttering a word. The fact that one of them were going to die soon lingered around them. Taurus knew every one of them had a person they hoped would be the one to die: for Taurus it was Aries, for Scorpio it would be Aries too, for Virgo it would be Taurus, for Aries it would be Scorpio and Libra it would probably be Scorpio too. Taurus felt guilty for thinking this, but she could not help her subconscious thought.

"Right, if I'm going to die, I might as well say something." Taurus said, breaking the silence. She turned to Scorpio, "I kinda like you..."

Scorpio looked taken aback, "Oh...I kinda like you too..."

Deciding not to waste a moment of their possibly limited time together, she grabbed the front of his shirt and kissed him. His lips were surprisingly soft. Taurus felt fuzzy inside when he kissed her warmly back. She pulled away and smirked, "We'd better not die now." She joked.

Scorpio seemed slightly lost in his emotions, but he smiled and nodded.

"That was so cute!" Libra squealed. Taurus blushed, she forgot that they had an audience.

"That was disgusting." Virgo muttered.

Taurus took Scorpio's hand, entwining their fingers. She felt all fear leave her soul. As long as she was with him, she was safe.

She leaned her head on his shoulder, suddenly feeling very tired. She didn't know what time it was, but she knew it was very late, and way past her usual bed time. Taurus could feel her eyelids drooping, and a cold, delicate hand pushing the hair from her face. She smiled as she felt Taurus kiss her forehead. With a sense of relief and security, she fell asleep.

Scorpio p.o.v

Scorpio hadn't expected to fall in love again, not after the last time. But now that Taurus lay sleeping so peacefully on his shoulder, it couldn't feel more right. Scorpio looked at his...girlfriend? Lover? Significant other? Whatever Taurus was to him, she was his sun. Her skin was glistening brightly in the candlelight and her dark hair shone like the moon.

Scorpio did a double take. Why was Taurus' skin gleaming? Scorpio put his hand to her forehead. She was hot. "Something's wrong with Taurus!" he said urgently.

"Fuck!" Libra said, coming to her side.

Scorpio's breathing had quickened drastically in panic. He couldn't lose her now! Libra was checking Taurus' pulse, breathing and temperature. She looked at Scorpio with wide eyes, "Her heart rate is over the roof!"

Scorpio glanced desperately at Virgo and Aries, but they both looked stunned and clueless. "Do we wake her up?" Scorpio asked Libra frantically. 

Libra seemed uncertain, "I don't know, but she might wake up anyway."

As if on cue, Taurus' eyes opened slowly. "Is everything okay?" She looked confused at Scorpio's worried expression. Her eyes widened slightly as if she just noticed something was wrong with her body, "Oh." She said softly.

Scorpio pulled her into a hug and held her tightly. He didn't want to let her go. "I'll be fine, it might not even be poison." He heard Taurus say into his ear, but even she didn't believe her own words.

They held onto each other for what felt like seconds, but when they pulled away, Aries was looking at his imaginary watched, "And the world record for the longest hug goes Taurus and Scorpio!"

Scorpio knew he was trying to brighten up the mood, but there were no time for jokes in moments like these. Taurus also ignored him as she looked into his eyes. She one hand on his cheek and said, "I love you."

Scorpio swallowed, "I love you too."

Taurus gasped as she clutched her throat. She put her hand in front of her mouth as she coughed, and it came back covered in blood. Taurus gave Scorpio one last smile before she started choking again, but she didn't stop. Her lungs gurgled as they filled with blood, drowning her on the inside. There was nothing Scorpio could do but to hold her lovingly in her final moments.

When Taurus lay still, Scorpio felt nothing. He looked at her beautiful face which now looked untroubled despite the small trail of blood coming from the corner of her mouth. Her dark eyes saw nothing, but Scorpio could almost feel them telling him that everything was going to be okay. A single tear trickled down his face as he imagined the potential future they could have had.

Libra p.o.v

Libra watched in shock as Taurus lay lifeless on the floor. She bit her lip, attempting to hold the tears in. Scorpio was just sat there, holding Taurus firmly, as if not believing she was dead. A rational part of her told her that they needed to sleep. All four of them looked ready to drop dead at any second, but she also knew it would be risky.

"Scorpio," She told Scorpio softly, "You need to let her go now."

Scorpio's gaze was distant, but he nodded slowly. He let her take Taurus from his grasp, and she lay her some distance away. She draped a sheet over her, and let out a trembling breath before returning to the other three. Scorpio was still staring at the spot where Taurus had died, and Aries and Virgo sat in silence, doing nothing.

Libra sat down next to Aries and crossed her legs. "I think we need sleep." Libra suggested.

The others, including Scorpio, nodded in agreement.

"One of us is still the killer." Aries said.

That hit Libra like a brick. She couldn't accept that one of these people could have killed all nine of their friends. "What if one person keeps watch while the other three sleep?" Virgo proposed.

Scorpio shook his head, "And if that one person is the killer?" He said hoarsely.

"Good point." Virgo muttered.

Libra rubbed her temple, "How about two people keep watch?"

She looked around the group. No one objected. "I'll keep watch first, I slept earlier on." Virgo volunteered.

"I will too." Scorpio murmured, "I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

Libra glanced at Aries, who shrugged, "Sure."

Libra curled into a ball on the hard ground and closed her eyes. Despite being exausted, million of thoughts swam in her mind, keeping her awake. She feared for her life, and other's too. They were the only four remaining alive in the mansion. She could smell death in her nostrils and could hear death in her ears.

Sighing, she made up her mind to let someone else sleep. It was selfish to keep someone awake when she herself was not sleeping. Libra opened her eyes and sat up. She glanced to her left, luckily Scorpio had fallen asleep already, so she was glad she was still awake.

However, when she looked to her right, a dark figure stood over Aries, holding a long cavalry sword and was about to strike.

"ARIES, LOOK OUT!" She screamed.