CHAPTER 4

-
"You never know what will happen to us." You teased Jungkook as you both were walking towards your class together.

He laughed and looked at you, "Well, we may die one day but if I knew that I'll die at a certain amount of time I'll surely enjoy my last days with my close ones."

You nodded at him. You were thankful to Jungkook for the past few days that he stated by your side. He was really a nice guy and didn't bring out any topics of the bullying 'rumours' to talk about.

"Anyways, are you free today at evening? I wanna bring you somewhere. I love that place. You might love it too." He said stopping his tracks as you looked back at him.

You thought about it. The orphanage can wait. Jungkook's first priority.

"Sure. It better be a nice place. Or I'll kill you." You watched as he nodded proudly.

"It is a nice--" he was cut off when a girl suddenly hugged him. The girl was shorter than Jungkook. She buried her head in his chest.

"Jungkook oppa, I missed you." She said as Jungkook patted her head smiling. You found that voice somewhat familiar but you just looked at Jungkook.

She got to hug him. You stomped your legs internally.

She pulled back and looked at Jungkook with her beautiful eyes. That's when you saw her face and you froze on your spot.

Jungkook looked at you and the girl's eyes diverted towards you. Her eyes widened in shock and same goes to you. But she rather had a frightened expression.

"Y/n. Yo-...you." she stuttered with her eyes starting to tear up. She ran away from you and Jungkook before you or he could say anything.

"Soyeon!!" Jungkook yelled but he remained on his spot. He looked at you. He was confused on how she knew you.

You looked down on your feet and your heart trembled in fright when he spoke.

"Y/n, how does she know you?" He tried to be calm but you can see that there's a hint of anger and disappointment in his voice.

You remained silent. Jungkook sighed, "Maybe you won't tell. Anyways let's go to class."

He tried to walk but your hand reached his arms to pull him back in place. You cleared your throat facing him, looking at him in the eyes.

"Jungkook, I need to tell it now." You were determined to tell him the reason Soyeon ran away as soon as she saw you.

Jungkook waited patiently as you spoke.

"I bullied her." You admitted but Jungkook's face remained calm until he remembered something that Soyeon had said to him some months ago.

"I bullied her to the extent that..." you couldn't bring those words out and you removed your hand from his arm.

"You killed her?" He completed your sentence and you snapped your eyes to his eyes. He was angry. And he surely knew that incident. But you were the anonymous character as you thought.

You nodded your head and he stepped backwards.

"I need to go to her." He ran away after giving you a cold look. You watched as his figure disappeared from the hallway.

You closed your eyes. There was no one in the hallway.

Nevertheless you headed to your class. You couldn't believe that she was here.

After you reached the class it was just as the other days. The difference was that Jungkook's seat beside you was empty. He sat beside you past few days and you felt at ease as the students couldn't dare to look at you as Jungkook was by your side. He was popular here.