Fin

"Glad you asked."

"Who's there?" Reyna unsheathed her sword, pointing it at the air.

"Oh... Don't you wish you knew..."

Octavian looked around at the theatre, his mind racing. Then suddenly, the wall to their left dropped. Sitting there were the seven, screen showing the theatre.

"What the hell?!" Conor yelped, holding onto Travis.

"Don't you mean 'underworld'?" Percy asked, popping another piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"Yeah, Conor. I'm going to tell Hades." Leo smirked.

"What's going on?!" Reyna cut in angrily.

"Well, my dear, I'm going to tell you. I created this situation to show you all the err of your ways. The seven are not ones to take lightly. It is truly those who you least expect who hold the most pain inside. It is only once you understand this that you can properly think of them as fellow human beings... well, demigods."

"You mean... all we had to do was... figure out their stories? Learn their pasts? So we can... be better people?" Octavian sat down, shaken.

"Seems rather cliché." Travis shrugged, prying his brother off him.

"Yeah, Gaia. Not your best work." Percy pursed his lips.

"Wait... GAIA?" Reyna kept up. She was on high alert and angry. She looked feverishly for the source of Gaia's voice.

"That's right my dear. At this moment, I mean no malicious intent. This is one of those rare moments where I simply want to help the world be a little bit better. I'm already dying from pollution so I figured I may as well do a little good for my creations with the little time I have left."

Reyna dropped her sword. "That's-That's it?"

"Yes. The world would be a better place if we were all a little better to each other. Be kind. Everyone has a story to tell."

The voice faded and the demigods looked at each other. Octavian sighed.

"I'm... sorry, I guess." It looked physically painful for him to say.

"Sorry, what was that?" Leo smirked.

"I'm... sorry."

"A little louder."

"SORRY! Ok?! I'm sorry we we're so bad to you guys. Sometimes being mean is just easier than trying to be nice and empathetic." Octavian still looked pained, but less so— a tiny bit of his humanity shining through. He nudged Reyna.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. We were jerks. You don't have to forgive us, but can we move on and be ... friendly? Allies?" Reyna set her jaw.

"Yeah, ok." Percy jumped down from his chair. The rest of the seven then followed him and they stood before the rest of the campers.

"We forgive you. Truce?"

"Truce."

Then suddenly there was a bright light and suddenly everyone was back at camp next to Thalia's tree. Chiron and Mr. D were standing there waiting.

"Where have you all been?!" Chiron stomped his hooves. He looked concerned and angry all at once. "You've been gone for days! We've been looking everywhere!"

The Seven and the campers all exchanged looks.

Annabeth smiled secretively. "It's a long story."

———
There. It's over. 5 years later.

When this was started, there was no such thing as Wattpad Premium, paid stories, or a limit on book downloads. This was from back at the end of the golden age of bad fanfics with equally bad covers and grammar. I wrote it as a love letter to PJO. It was my way of honoring the series and while I haven't read PJO in many years now, I this fic is still a manifestation of the impact these books and these characters had on me. If this fic has helped you to feel closer to them and has enriched and strengthened your love for PJO, I have done my job as a writer.

Hope you all enjoyed. Thanks for bringing to over 181k views. Hope the ending is the closure you all wanted.

Percabeth and Blue Food,
Lizzie