#2.3

A/N: The picture above is a reference of the appearance of the colloseum this tournament will take place in.

-----

"Let me repeat the rules again..." Aramintha spoke into a speakerphone.

"You are not allowed to step off the battlefield, or you are disqualified. You can use any sorts of magic to eliminate other teams, but any rough housing and we teachers will automatically silence you, and your entire team will be disqualified."

"Darn it!" It seems Cermia was planning to go all-out with her attacks.

"Once a member of your team reaches below 20% Health or is disqualified, the entire team will be eliminated. The final team standing will be the winners of the tournament!"

The students who didn't particiate watched from the spectating field. Among some of them was an unamused Ludwig.

"Is everyone ready?"

...

"Then let us begin!"

-----

"Challenge accepted!" And with that, Cermia drew out her sword with confidence. In the distance near her was Purrgis, asking for a duel.

 In the distance near her was Purrgis, asking for a duel

"I'll blow you away!"

The two began fighting with each other. Strikes was exchanged from both sides. Everyone was watching.

"Well this is the first time I've seen two teammates battle it out against each other," Aramintha pointed out as she sipped her tea.

Above the battlefield was a protected room where the teachers stayed, spectating their students through the transparent windows.

"You know, ma'am, you didn't have to set all of this up. We could have just initiated class tests instead, said Corvus, polishing his shield.

"But there's no reward coming from that, so some of the students wouldn't have give it their all. It's better to introduce something that will motivate the students to develop strategies and unlock their potential," interrupted Charles.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," giggled Aramintha, "And besides, it wouldn't be very fun doing that, would it?"

"They're supposed to be the defenders of the world," sighed Kise.

"And they will be, but right now, they're still children," replied Aramintha.

Although the atmosphere seemed really tense, it was obvious that they were having lots of fun.

"So let them play the part," she added, "Besides, they won't be having this role forever."

The teachers continued to watch.

-----

5 minutes had passed and half of the teams were already eliminated! Here are the highlights: