#3

A/N: I'm so sorry for the really late update. I'm a very terrible guy when it comes to consistency and motivation.

-----

"I can't believe you didn't go to the bathroom BEFORE the tournament started!" Hazel was furious.

"I'm really sorry, but I was too excited to even notice!" Yuna laughed awkwardly.

Before Hazel could reply, she decided to stop. She sighed.

"Well, can't be helped. We have to get back to our financial work. The tournament was fun while it lasted."

And with that, Hazel began typing away at her computer.

Yuna frowned a little, she wished she could have done something to cheer Hazel up. Behind those glasses was certainly a crestfallen feeling.

-----

"Hey, Ras, do you wanna head to the arcade today? I won an All-Arcade-Machine-Prices-Are-Halved-For-A-Day voucher for two people from the weekly sweepstakes club.

Vildred chased after Ras, who had just left the entrance of Ezera High.

"I'd love to!" Ras replied, "Let me just run it by with Arky at home, you know how mad he gets if I come home late without letting him know."

"Then why don't be swing by the Sushi Shop afterwards?"

"Ras!" An excited voice echoed from the distance.

Both boys turned to look at familiar faces.

"Pavel? Cerise? What are you guys doing here?" questioned Ras.

Vildred wasn't really acquainted with any of the Cidonia Academy students, but he was willing to be polite and smiled at them.

"It was an Inset Day for us today, so Cerise and I decided to watch you guys," Pavel answered, "We saw how you guys battled and you were amazing!"

Ras scratched the back of his head as he awkwardly thanked him.

"Which team ended up winning in your school?" Vildred asked.

Cerise giggled, "You'll have to find out yourself."

And with that, she took Pavel's hand and led him away.

-----

A knocking sound came from behind the door.

"Come in!" ordered Headmisttess Aramintha.

A few seconds later, Bellona, Lidica and Sez stepped in the office.

"You wanted to talk to us, ma'am"? said Bellona.

"Yes, correct. Before heading off to the real tournament in two weeks time, I want to add an additional member to your team."

"Hmm?"

"I did state that everyone had a choice, but I recently got told by Headmaster Straze from St. Eureka that they decided to change the team requirement to four members. I hope this isn't too much of a hassle for you three."

"Not at all, we also thought we could use another hand, anyway," mentioned Sez.

"But who are we gonna choose as our fourth member?" asked Lidica.

"I can answer that," Bellona announced.

-----

School had ended for the day, so students began wandering off in their own ways. Nearby Ezera High was a convenience store that was very popular among the Ezeran students.

Behind the cashier was Saskia, who seemed to be concentrating really hard about something in her mind.

"Oh hey, Saskia," Ludwig casually greeted.

"Welcome!" exclaimed Saskia.

Ludwig proceeded to the cashier till to catch up with her. Ludwig's Aunt, Kise, is good friends with Saskia, so he knows her very well. Meanwhile, Alexa and Iseria were on the other side of the store, taking a look at the pastries.

"Come on, admit it, you were playing Epic Eight yesterday!" pestered Alexa.

The scent of the freshly-baked croissants in the counter took over the air.

"No, I didn't," Iseria insisted.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it's okay to slack off? You really ought to treat yourself every now and then," Alexa began to show slight concern for Iseria.

"It's just... if I continue to do this, I'll dig myself a deep hole that I can never get out of. I want to maintain my position as one of the leading students of our year," explained Iseria as she used a spatula to place two croissants in a plastic.

"Intelligence can't be forcefully improved," Alexa pointed out,  "You can be as hardworking as you want, but if you're not happy yourself, you're never going to be better."

Iseria frowned, but deep down, she knew Alexa was right.

"Tell you what, why don't we have a picnic this weekend so you can blow off a bit more steam?"

"But-"

"No but's!" Alexa ushered Iseria to be quiet as she gently placed her index finger on her lips.

-----

Rin opened her locker to switch out her school shoes with her outdoor one. She was getting ready to head home.

"Hey, Rin, wanna go to the fair with me, Cidd and Dingo?" Dominiel tapped her shoulders.

Rin emitted a huge sigh.

"I would love to, but father wants me to go home early tonight, I'm going to have to pass tonight, sorry."

"That old man again? Why can't he just let you be free every now and then?" Dingo argued.

"Idiot! You can't just blurt out stuff like that!" scolded Cidd.

"It's alright, I get how you feel, even I feel that sometimes," Rin forced a smile, "Well then, see ya tomorrow!"

She left the school building without looking behind her.

Cidd thumped his fists on Dingo's head, not long after did he retaliate.

"She sure has it rough, huh?" mentioned Dominiel.

-----

A/N: In case you were wondering, Ras lives in a school dorm with other students (who, might you ask? You'll find out soon enough!). He's known Arky ever since they were babies, so Arky is someone very dear to him.