Operation: Chimera - Revised Part III

Trigger warning beyond this point. Read on if you wish.

---------------------------------------

     "You're useless. No one needs you. No one ever did!" The voices screamed, all of them having different pitches and tones. "Can't believe you got the most important person killed. Who cares if they're working on a cure now? You still got her killed, you damn monster."

     "Anyone could've gotten that mission done with perfection, but of course the fuck up had to come in and ruin it for everyone. The civilians could've been cured by now. But no. Because of you. Because of you, more people are suffering," one voice screeched, its tone being rather familiar. "No matter how hard you try to 'fix' everything, you're going to fuck up more. Why don't you just give up? No one will notice. No one will... care."

     "Your body limply hanging from the ceiling. Everyone comes in, relieved that such a mess is finally gone. Such a thing doesn't deserve a funeral, too."

     "Aww, poor, poor Olivier doesn't have anyone that cares about him. What a surprise."

     "You're silenced. Your words don't matter. They never have and they never will."

     "Why don't you just end it all?"

     "No one will notice."

     "No one will care."

---------------------------------------

     Waking up in a cold sweat, Olivier shot up from his bed, shaking by what he just went through. It felt so real... Like someone he personally knew was standing in front of him, screaming horrible things such as that to him. Was it true?

     No, it couldn't be. He knew he had people that cared about him in his life.

     Right?

     Shaking those thoughts and doubt away, he sat there in.. shock. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think; if he could even think without those coming back, that is.

     He shook his head once more, not wanting such things to come back into his head. He then reluctantly stood up from his bed to replace the bandages that were tightly wrapped around the injury on his upper arm. Walking into the bathroom that was connected to his bedroom, he took bandages out before he carefully unwrapped the old one, cringing by how bloody it was. No matter, he simply cleaned the area around the cut, not wanting to deal with an infection. A normal infection that is, not the parasite, of course.

     He hissed slightly by the burning sensation but continued on cleaning it before he wrapped it up. Though, he stopped halfway when he noticed a disgusting black substance dripping and trailing down his arm. Confused, he wiped it away with a nearby paper towel. It was purely black which most definitely wasn't blood. He looked back at the cut as he wiped away more that came down. Only a few moments after, he saw veins that were the exact same color as the odd substance, making his confusion grow into worry. Unfortunately for him, everyone was asleep by now, meaning that he couldn't get it checked up any time soon. So, unwillingly, he finished wrapping it up in bandages. Hopefully, this is just something normal that will blow off soon.

     Hopefully...