Operation: Infected

"You're infected, it's as simple as that," Gustave spoke, throwing both the unneeded and unwanted samples into the trash.

     "How is that possible? Mackintosh's research stated tha—"

     "Research can be wrong, Lera, you out of all people should know that," he interrupted, a quick sigh escaping his lips shortly after, a known sign of slight frustration from him. "However, we do know that the parasite spreads at a slow rate in the human body and, luckily for us, Flament here came in with the parasite barely reaching 'stage one'."

     "There's something bad, isn't there?" Specialist Finka questioned, a concerned look on her face.

     "Not entirely. We'll just have to quarantine him until we finish the cure which we should be able to finish before he gets worse."

     "And what if he gets worse?"

     "Then we'll have to, unfortunately, kill him."

     At that, Olivier's expression turned worried in just a split second. He obviously didn't like that idea! Then again, who the hell would?!

     "But that's very unlikely." Gustave proceeded to add on as if he was trying to reassure him.

     Olivier didn't care how low the chance of him dying to this stupid parasite was, he was terrified. 

     "Just put me in quarantine, it's the safest option we have." Olivier finally spoke up, his worried expression turning into a rather determined one. Why? No clue. He was still scared about dying to such a thing...

---------------------------------------

     Being quarantined doesn't sound nearly as bad as it sounds, you know. Of course, getting held up in a prison-like cell made out of glass doesn't sound like something you would ever want to be put it, but it was for everyone's safety which was what all Olivier could've asked for. He didn't want to risk anyone else's life because of his own mistake. 

     Despite this, he still got some privacy to himself even if scientists, nurses, and other doctors kept a close eye on him. Again, it was for everyone's safety. He was monitored closely on his symptoms that were only minor and not really noticeable. Along with the said symptoms, his appearance and vitals were also monitored. Once again, everything was a minor case and nowhere near severe. It relieved Specialist Lion, but not fully. He didn't want to get his hopes too high now...

     With the blast and bulletproof glass all around him, he was able to see the different scientists and doctors roam around. Most were carrying notes or research either about him or the alien parasite he was now infected with in either the worst handwriting you've ever seen or... the worst handwriting you've ever seen. It left Olivier dumbfounded on how they could read such things with ease.

     "Lights out, Mr. Flament," a scientist finally called in which broke the silence that filled the glass prison, causing Olivier to snap back into reality. He only nodded in response. No other words were exchanged. 

     He had a set schedule. Had to wake up, eat, have tests run on him, and sleep at specific times. Was this wanted? Of course not, but, once again, it was for everyone's safety. 

     "Lights out..."

---------------------------------------

D I N G !

"CODE 135, SPECIALIST FLAMENT HAS ESCAPED. I REPEAT, CODE 135, SPECIALIST FLA—"