Chapter 6

[Flashback Wednesday]

„Dean?"

With hoarsely voice Win calls the number of the swimming club president and tries to speak.

„Is that you, Win?", the other person asks.

„Hmm...yeah. I think I got a cold. I can barely speak.", he whispers.

„Oh...ok. I see.", Dean replies.

„My throat hurts like hell. I don't think I can go to university for a few days.", Win says.

„It's ok. Get well soon and let me know when you're feeling better again. You know, we have a lot of work to do for this year's schedule.", Dean reminds him.

„I know. You can email me the schedules and I can have a look on it later.", Win answers.

„I thought you're sick?", Dean asks.

Win sighs: „Yes, but I still have good eyes and hands to check them. As long as I don't need to talk it's ok."

„Alright, I will send you everything later in the lunch break. Bye Win.", Dean says and hangs up.

Awesome! Win knows exactly who he can thank for being sick. The damn Nong and his own desire to hug and warm him. Because of him he must stay at home the whole day, probably tomorrow as well.

He walks in the kitchen to put the kettle on to make some hot water for a cup of tea. A few minutes later he walks to his couch and places the cup on the low table in front of him. Then he turns on the television. Nothing special is shown and after a short time he feels extremely tired. So, he stands up and lays down in his bed to get some rest. After sleeping a while his phone rings.

'Unknown number.'

He pushes the red button and closes his eyes again. A few seconds later the anonymous caller calls again. Win declines the call again. He just wants to sleep. That's all. That's why he turns off the volume of his phone and turns to lay on his side. Just a few minutes later he hears someone knocking on his door. He tries to ignore it, but the knocking doesn't stop. Annoyed he stands up and walks to the door. As he opens it, he can't believe his eyes. The damn Nong stands in front of him.

Because speaking hurts Win he just nods to Team asking. Teams looks at him with questioning view.

„What's wrong with you?", he asks.

Win points at his neck.

„Hmm? What does that mean?", Team doesn't understand.

'Damn Nong!', Win thinks.

Again, he points at his neck and crosses his fingers as a gesture that he can't speak. Team still looks at him wondering. Win rolls his eyes, sighs and walks to his kitchen table. A few seconds later he has a notebook and a pen and starts writing.

I CAN'T SPEAK!

„Oh, you can't speak!", Team repeats which makes Win rolls his eyes again.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

„Can you please let me in?", Team asks without answering Win's question.

WHY?

„Because it's cold on the floor.", Team says and sneezes.

And without waiting for Win's answer he passes him and walks into his apartment. Again, Win sighs, but closes the door. Team sits down on the couch and turns on the television. Win takes his notebook and writes something, then shows it Team.